Sign in to follow this  
neokles

FS2Crew Stopped Working

Hello,

After working happily with FS2C Voice and Emergency NGX I suddenly lost the ability to start FS2C!

I tried to re-enable the Voice Control but I receive the error

"Sorry, the FS2Crew PMDG 737 NGX "Special Bundle Pack" does not appear to be installed"

My mind went to the fact that I bought first the PMDG NGX product and after few weeks or so the Special Bundle Pack with the Airbus and Emergency NGX included. So I decided to uninstall everything and re-install.

After re-installing I still receive the error above although I installed the FS2C PMDG that was included in the Special Bundle Zip file.

Any ideas?

BTW I followed the guidelines of UAC /run as admin etc., although the problem appeared on an already working setup.

BR

Neoklis Kontaratos

Google Chrome 14 Feb

Updated TeamViewer  18/Feb

New Firefox version 17Feb

and some more days ago I changed the Letters of some external drives 

I also updated AIRAC on PMDG737 NGX and Airbus X

Error.jpg

I re-installed SP1 of PMDG and then FS2C... unfortunately I cannot find the original files of 737NGX (oh oh) and I cannot completely remove everything. I did delete the PMDG folders from SImObjects/Aircrafts folder and SP1 re-created everything from scratch.

Though I have 2 options.

Use the latest back up taken few days ago

Re-install FSX.

But to be honest the error message drives me to the conclusion that there is something wrong with FS2C installation.

Please advise

I am having the same issues, after talking to support on the FS2 Crew website I received the same answer as above "I must have installed something" I told them I did not install anything, but then I remembered that I installed Active Sky Next Trial software. My computer also took some updates. I un-installed Active Sky, deleted all indications of Active Sky and I still get the message saying I need to install FS2Crew.

I can un-install it at this point and reinstall but if I re-start my computer FS2 Crew no longer sees itself and gives the error message as indicated above. Actually at one point I installed and ran FSX only to see that it did not work. Backing out I saw once again the error message that I need to install it.

I have my UAC off, ant-virus off, ran it as the administrator, re-installed PMDG 737NGX SPc1 and typically it installs just fine, I have even flown with it after install, let my computer go to stand by and came back later only to find the FS2Crew will not work displaying the "you need to install" message.

I am starting to believe it has to be related to the MS update?? but I can not be sure. Last time I had a problem with FS2Crew it was caused by System Mechanic screwing up a reg file. I can only stab at guesses in the dark with this one.

This computer is a dedicated flight sim computer and I do not install much on it that is not flight sim related. I just got doen re-installing everything after I changed my OS to a small SSD and have all my Sim stuff on a larger SSD.

I have even flown with it after install, let my computer go to stand by and came back later only to find the FS2Crew will not work displaying the "you need to install" message.

I've never heard of 'standby' deleting files, but with computers you never know.

Contact me again, and we'll do a Remote Desktop so can show me this.

And let me know what anti-virus program you are using.

I had about 4 or 5 guys all report this within 24 hours (when I've never had anything like this ever reported before), so I'm leaning toward some kind of anti-virus update or something wiping out an FS2Crew file.

Cheers,

Error.jpg

I re-installed SP1 of PMDG and then FS2C... unfortunately I cannot find the original files of 737NGX (oh oh) and I cannot completely remove everything. I did delete the PMDG folders from SImObjects/Aircrafts folder and SP1 re-created everything from scratch.

Though I have 2 options.

Use the latest back up taken few days ago

Re-install FSX.

But to be honest the error message drives me to the conclusion that there is something wrong with FS2C installation.

Please advise

You no longer have the PMDG 737 NGX installers?

When installing FS2Crew, it's good practice to right click on the installer EXE and select "RUN AS ADMIN", especially if you put FSX in the Program Files folder.

That will avoid write permission issues.

As said before I always use run as admin.

I asked to activate the extended download service so the installers should be available to me soon.

I use avast antivirus.

I doubt it is the FS2Crew installer as it has worked fine for many many months without issue. I feel like it is something that has been changed. I also use Avast and I am sending you an e-mail to set up a remote desktop session. 

This may be premature but I allowed FS2Crew through the Avast firewall and I have been able to keep it alive through 3 reboots. I am letting it sit and will see how it goes. There were two entries for FS2Crew and I gave them "Allow" and "Home connection, friends" (or something like that). 

AVAST is definitely the problem.

It's the common denominator between everyone who had this specific problem.

I'll contact AVAST.

Obviously their recent definitions update nailed FS2Crew.

In the meantime, try excluding the FSX folder from Avast, or allow it through the firewall as described by the above poster.

Personally, I just use the default Microsoft anti-virus that comes with Win 8.  It's worked well for me.