Sign in to follow this  
Paul Golding

Just can't leave the Canberra PR9 alone

I'm kind of surprised that nobody has commented on this outstanding British classic here.  I just can't leave it alone at the moment.  I saw a video recently that explained the right and wrong way to do an engine out landing and attempting the same in FSX is a pretty interesting experience.

For those that are most interested in the cockpit, getting to grips with the old fashioned autopilot is great and the artwork is about as good as I've ever seen.

Cheers

Paul Golding

Any glaring problems or issues you've come across yet? 

I think many (me included) are waiting to read some user reviews before purchasing.

Looks fantastic in the pix and vids on their website.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I love the attention to detail and the overall quality of the product Paul, but sadly, it's just not a type (nor even a category of aircraft) that I'm at all interested in.

But for who love bombing around in these sorts of planes, it looks like a winner!

I downloaded this as soon as it was released last night and have now given it a good thrashing. Very impressed with it so far, flies just as I imagined it would, very smooth and purposeful. Seems to work equally well in FSX and Prepar3d v.2.1. This is in Windows 7 64bit running on a modest i5 2500k cpu, 8gb ram and an NVidia 660ti GTX. Averaging 50fps with hardly a stutter to be seen. I think the lack of negative comments speaks volumes as people are usually very quick to criticise a product but are slow to give praise where it is due. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Yep it's definitely a keeper. If they can do the VC10 to the same standard I'll be very happy.

I had hoped to be saying something similar of the DC-8...

...but alas.  :(

Regards,

Brian Doney

Thanks for the kind words, makes all the hard work worthwhile!

Martyn - Just Flight

Its not bad ... deffo worth acquiring.

Ive found a couple of minor issues the quick 45mins flying I did last night;

When configuring flaps in fsupic via Saitek yoke the flap knob in the vc does not move, flap indicator works but no knob ... odd.

Im having issues with the 2d pop-up windows going odd when you use something .. may be my th2go/ezdoc/TIR setup ... dunno but not massively bothered.

Starting the engines, flying, shutting down and re-starting didn't quite work for me, I lost engine control and couldn't even shut the engines off but that could be my setup.

Textures on the engine cowls from the vc look a bit wishy-woshy as the cowl curves below the horizontal (on the camo version, haven't tried others).

... apart from that well pleased so far but more testing/seting it up on my part needed.

I need to fly more but 1st thoughts ... JF have without a doubt stepped up their game and its nice to see, great version of a great subject and a nice addition to any cold war jet hanger ... if your into cold war jets go and buy it cuz its worth your hard earned dosh. 

I had hoped to be saying something similar of the DC-8...

...but alas.  :(

I believe the difference here is that the DC-8 was developed by an external developer and published through Just Flight.  The Canberra is JustFlight's first in-house designed product, as I believe the VC-10 will be.  I might be wrong, but I'm sure I recall reading that before.  So the Canberra seems to set a good benchmark of what is possible with the VC-10

I believe the difference here is that the DC-8 was developed by an external developer and published through Just Flight.  The Canberra is JustFlight's first in-house designed product, as I believe the VC-10 will be.  I might be wrong, but I'm sure I recall reading that before.  So the Canberra seems to set a good benchmark of what is possible with the VC-10

You are correct Erich.

Cheers

Paul Golding

If anybody's interested.... have a bimble down to your local WH Smiths and you'll find the March/April 2014 edition of Jets Monthly has a rather nice article about the Midair Squadron Canberra PR9, which I believe the new JF Canberra was modelled after.

Sure, yep, I get that, and hopefully this aircraft is a sign of things to come. 

I just had high hopes for the DC-8, but, that is another topic for another day. 

Good to read something truly positive regarding JustFlight. :smile:

Regards,

Brian Doney