Sign in to follow this  
Darien

Pss 777 missing SID's and STAR's

Hi, I have the PSS 777 and I've noticed son missing arrivals and departures. :( I love it and its close to perfect but there are missing SIDS and STARS which are all also in the PSS airbus. Is there anyway to add or delete them?

It seems there is a limit to the number that the FMC will display - which is a pain.  The only way I know of to pick the missing ones up is to use a tool like FSBuild to create the plan and then import it.

DJ

Hi,

You can update them with the newest airac cycle from Navigraph (payware)

http://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManualInstall.aspx

(don't know if it works also with  navdatapro)

The Pss data contain Sids and Stars but terminal procedures are often missing !

Btw the PSS Boeing and Airbus use the same Navdata

( Fs9\Pss\Navdata folder)

Guy

Updating will make no difference (although it's a good idea because the original is really out of date) and it doesn't make any difference who your provider is.  There really is a limit to the number of SIDs and STARs that can be displayed in the FMC.  You will encounter this with some very large airports.  Terminal procedures are not included with the nav data for PSS.

DJ

Updating will make no difference (although it's a good idea because the original is really out of date) and it doesn't make any difference who your provider is. There really is a limit to the number of SIDs and STARs that can be displayed in the FMC. You will encounter this with some very large airports. Terminal procedures are not included with the nav data for PSS.

DJ

Well thanks. That's kinda not smart of PSS to do that. Wish it didn't limit the procedures :( like I'm on Airac 1403 and I'm missing SINCA6 arrival. Usually I'll have all the waypoints put in from my memory. I would 100% love it if it included some of the important SIDS &STARS

Although it's tedious, remember you can still enter the STAR using a chart and entering the individual waypoints and constraints.  If you don't have a chart, the data is in the nav file that has the STARs or SIDs, as appropriate.  The PSS files aren't hard to read...

DJ

Hi, I have the PSS 777 and I've noticed son missing arrivals and departures. :( I love it and its close to perfect but there are missing SIDS and STARS which are all also in the PSS airbus. Is there anyway to add or delete them?

Hi,, Darien and everyone,

I posted about this a few years ago.  It's a limit on the number of SIDs or STARs that the FMC will display, so updating the data won't fix it.  There is a workaround, but it is very tedious: create a second, fictitious airport with the same location and runways as the real one, and assign some of the SIDs and STARs to it.  Would have to be repeated every time a new Airac is installed.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/326481-fmc-navigation-data-problem/

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.