Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

Simconnect failed to load

I swear I have searched through all the AVSIM forums and cannot find the solution to my problem.  BTW, I have been simming for 20 years and  am not a novice however I'm a flyer, not a geek.  One of these days I'll  learn that when everything is running well... leave it alone!

A couple of days ago I downloaded FSCopilot and VATSIM and installed them.  After looking around it looked too restrictive to me and I uninstalled them.  NOW when I open FSX (w/acceleration) I get an error message during the FSX splash screen saying Simconnect failed to load and of course FS2Crew, etc won't work.  Re-installed paid version of FSUIPC.  Did a file search on my computer for  "simconnect.*" and got nothing.  Went to FSX/SDK and tried to reinstall simconnect but no change.  

This forum has always been most helpful to me and I'm hoping someone has the answer.

Jeff Even

Rocklin, Ca

[Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP2, 4 core, 4 threadsRAM, 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24) Motherboard 

ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 (AM3)

Hi,

There are 3 Simconnect SDKs that need to be used, FSX disk, 1A, and Acceleration. Run the Simconnect.msi from each.

Simconnect ends up in your Windows directory.

Thanks, Jim but I'm still confused.  I'm getting older and losing my memory. I'm getting older and losing my memory.

Where do I find the simconnect.msi on the FSX Disk?   Looked at the disk and didn't see that file.  Ran a search on the disk and came up with no results.  I downloaded 1A and have it ready to install.  Acceleration is on my desk and ready to go.

Really hate to bother you with such a newbie question but I'm really puzzled this time.  

Thanks, 

Jeff

BTW I'm originally from Ann Arbor... just up the road...

Here's what I'm seeing...

You have to install each SDK and then inside each SDK is the simconnect.msi file. That file you are pointing to should not be there. Not sure if you put it there, but that one file is not going to fix your simconnect issue.

Too much? Then do a Repair Install of FSX and Acceleration. No need to uninstall anything.

the OP is reading the DVD RW Drive (F:) FSX Disk 1 when that file is included . The OP needs to read FSX and SDK after  installing  them.