Sign in to follow this  
777simmer

disablepreload=1

Anybody using this entry in the FSX.cfg?

[Main]

DisablePreload=1

(prevents the default flight from being loaded as FSX boots, which should speed up FSX boot and avoid loading things into memory that you do not need)

I was wondering if it reduces startup VAS or just screws up the 777 initializing process?

Rob Robson

I use this and it loads quicker with the main menu opening with the trike and harbour etc

Not noticed any diff in vas or problems with pmdg

Stewart Cumbers

All it does is prevent FSX from loading a flight while the spinning aircraft is displayed.

I cannot speak for PMDG products but it certainly does interfere with the correct loading of some complex addon aircraft, notably the Sibwings AN-2.

I have tried it in the distant past and I can say that any time it might save is lost again when loading the flight.

Simple logic, the flight must take time to load, whether it is while the spinning aircraft spins or thereafter.

There are those who swear by this tweak, my view is that is yet another that is no longer required as computer hardware has overtaken and removed the issue.

I've used it for years never had a problem

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Some guys have had issues, precisely CTDs, when using AES related to disablepreload=1. It seems the issue stops when this line is removed. I don't have AES to test it myself though.

We don't recommend using this - it can result in certain internal FSX variables not initializing properly without the default ultralight having been loaded in the background first. Can cause weird issues or CTDs on load.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I read that it helps to have vsync running in DX10

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg