Sign in to follow this  
slait

Another VS Topic, DC9 or 1011

Thank you Michael & Aaron for these returns of experience. Looking forward to more :)

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The McPhat textures, inside and out, are very high resolution and can cause a performance hit on some systems. OTOH there are lower-res McPhat textures as well that are almost as beautiful. The look for both, inside and out, is phenomenally detailed. Coolsky does an incredible job of systems and performance modeling, the creator is clearly a DC-9 fanatic. Highly recommended, huge depth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess I'm going back and forth on the McPhat flight decks. Part of me feels like those should have been included in the base package and I'm hesitant to spend another $17 on top of the $50 I just spent on the aircraft.

- Aaron

Another question on the flight decks from McPhat. It looks like the cargo expansion comes with one of the UHDT flight decks. Can that be used in the passenger version of the aircraft as well?

- Aaron

I don't have the CS bird (can anyone confirm if the FD actually works in this ac?) but the Cool Sky DC-9 is excellent.  Great hand flyer.  Terrific dispatch utility.  Some nice training software (but using 2d panels).  Great fun.

I've got a few flights in the DC-9 now and can say I am indeed really enjoying it. With a bit of a background in the Maddog there is some overlap there that made it a pretty smooth transition, but the training system is excellent and definitely filled in the gaps. I broke down and bought the flightdecks package from McPhat as well and I'm glad I did. Made quite an improvement in the readability of the VC.

- Aaron

Don't won the CS L1011 but reports are quite good about it. Definitely visuals are quite good.

I do own the Coolsky DC-9 though and I have to say it is absolutely amazing. No INS, it is all how it was in the late 50s/60s and even 70s in the domestic markets. Performs well and it has a great Coolsky feature in its Program Manager, you can see schematics, get on the fly tutorials, etc. And it handles really well.

where is the tuturial flight ?

where is the tuturial flight ?

Chris,

From memory, I dont think there is a tutorial flight....I found I did not really need it.

Have a read of this interview I published with Espen, the creator of the DC9, and he rund through all the features....you will be pleasantly surprised.

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/interviews/coolsky-introduces-the-dc9-classic-r848