Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Enable Wind stabilizing -- keeps on deselecting!

However how many times I keep on selecting 'enable wind stabilizing' -- when I click okay, and then click back on the dialog box, it is unselected.

Any idea why?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Please read the topic on Recommended Practices and Settings.

With the Adjust Options Automatically option set (recommended) the wind stabilisation option will be disabled whenever you either do not specify your Max Cruise Altitude or you specify a Max Cruise Altitude of less than 6000 feet.

Best just set all Defaults in all the Weather related dialogs, then always specify your Destination and Max Cruise Altitude before generating the weather. Which will be generated when you press the OK or Update Weather buttons to close the Weather dialog.

Stephen :smile:

Ah okay thanks Stephen :) 

I only do jetliner flying, so it is critical I eliminate wind shifts. Thanks

Then make sure you upgrade to the latest release or beta version, best to assign all defaults in all dialogs and remember to always specify your Destination and Max Cruise Altitude before flight and before updating the weather. That way not only will you get GRIB upper wind and temperature forecast data but you will also get the wind smoothing option set. If you have FSUIPC4 installed (recommended) then you can also enable the Dynamic Wind Control (DWC) which will control the ambient winds. With the latest beta DWC is always active above 100 feet AGL so you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Then make sure you upgrade to the latest release or beta version, best to assign all defaults in all dialogs and remember to always specify your Destination and Max Cruise Altitude before flight and before updating the weather. That way not only will you get GRIB upper wind and temperature forecast data but you will also get the wind smoothing option set. If you have FSUIPC4 installed (recommended) then you can also enable the Dynamic Wind Control (DWC) which will control the ambient winds. With the latest beta DWC is always active above 100 feet AGL so you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Hi Stephen, if I want to setup your software to 'fly and forget' -- would just enabling DWC in FSUIPC as you described be the best way? 

I often forget (and really don't want to) type in all my settings every time. Thanks. 

DWC is not an FSUIPC4 feature, its an OpusFSX feature, but we use FSUIPC4 to interface to the simulator.

You should always follow the instructions and recommendations described in the Recommended Practices topic, also accessed via the Question Mark icon at the bottom of our Weather dialog. So basically, set all defaults in all our Weather dialogs, then always specify your Destination and Max Cruise Altitude before you take off and before you update (load) the weather. Then you can just go and fly. DWC needs GRIB upper wind forecast data to know what targets to set and adhere to.

Stephen