Sign in to follow this  

XML problems: which (add-on) planes are NOT affected?

As painful as it is, it's progress. And I like the idea of having add-ons available even if they don't work a 100%. Granted . I view this as a migration phase. The next phase IMHO is for developers to commit support for p3d. I think that will happen as LM continues to add those features that sets this apart and beyond fsx and users themselves commit.

One thing in Fsx favor, the fact that so many people have it even though it's development is practically dead, this is perfect for 3rd party developers that don't really care about advancing new standards. I am not sure if invoking 64bits is enough to attract this type of developer.

So for me, time will tell....but let me add this. The jump to 64bits would be more plausible with partnership. What's happening now is a prerequisite for that... I think.

There is another error checking switch that is more applicable to XML "gauges" and "embedded model XML..."

So... if I add both entries to my cfg I will at least be able to see which of my planes contain errors, right? Not that I will be able to do anything about it but I will at least be able to see which planes I can use without having to worry about error's and any effects those may have on my flying. That's a start.

EDIT

The errors will be logged in a file, I suppose...? Maybe everyone could post which aircraft do NOT give errors this way: if we all check our planes, we could compile a nice XML-okay-planes-list! ^_^

'If it works don't fix it'

That old XML parser is a center piece. Why change it knowing that third party add-ons orbit around it? Was this really the time to tighten XML when everybody is screaming lol

An analogy in the car industry is when freon was outlawed. Air conditioning components busted left and right because the replacement refrigerant was incompatible with the metals used (evaporators, condensers...)

....Amateurs

EDIT

The errors will be logged in a file, I suppose...? Maybe everyone could post which aircraft do NOT give errors this way: if we all check our planes, we could compile a nice XML-okay-planes-list! ^_^

Yes, both "error logs" will be written to a folder found here:

x:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

• ContentErrorLog.txt
  • ObjectLoadErrors.txt

Hi the 50* sintax error with you mention was on what model and the contenterrorlogging 1 sometime very hard to interprete ; so for the average user,

Bill if you have the gns530 xml corrected please give us more then a hint

That specific error (50*) was in the modeldef.xml script for the Milviz C310R. It is used as an animation scalar for a 3d modeled set of switches.

As for my custom GNS530, explaining the errors I made with my fat-fingers would not be particularly helpful to anyone, since it is highly unlikely that anyone else's script would have the same mistakes...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'd love to have a strict syntax checker for my XML code.  It was always kind of hit and miss to write code that the only way you knew it was more or less correct was that it ran and did what you intended.  Just make it a separate program and don't mess with legacy code that cannot be changed.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Larry, here is a prime example of XML script that passes the only 'validation tests' previously available, which has been what is built into Visual Studio 2005, and using IE10/11 to "check for errors," but is utterly incorrect nonetheless:

<String>%((A:NAV1 STANDBY FREQUENCY), MHz)%!6.2f!</String>

The misplaced closing parenthesis "Y)," instead of "MHz))%" passes all validation tests since all they are checking for are missing items, ignoring completely misplaced items!

That is why I have decided to move all of my current and future development work to the P3Dv2.x test platform, even for FSX projects. After all, if I can "clean sheet" as 100% XML error free this can only be a positive outcome, eh? :Applause:

Fr. Bill    

That is why I have decided to move all of my current and future development work to the P3Dv2.x test platform, even for FSX projects. After all, if I can "clean sheet" as 100% XML error free this can only be a positive outcome, eh?

Agreed!

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I am happy to say the default Mooney Acclaim and Bonanza don't give any errors (presuming that loading them and turning everything on should be enough to test this). Those are the only default planes I am interested in.

The A2A C172 gave a bunch of errors but only reported missing files: no XML errors.

[error.0]

error=Gauge file not found: tester!tester
[error.1]
error=Gauge file not found: dbg!panel
[error.2]
error=Gauge file not found: A2A_C172!blackout
[error.3]
error=Gauge file not found: rxpGNS!GNS530
[error.4]
error=Gauge file not found: rxpGNS!GNS430
[error.5]
[error.6]
[error.7]
error=file "SOUND\null.wav" not found
[error.8]
[error.9]
[error.10]
[error.11]
[error.12]

I presume those errors won't have any impact on OOMs or lead to leaks or whatever...? I suppose I could edit those missing parts out of the panel.cfg but I doubt if that has any benefit... Maybe it may even cause problems.

Missing "gauge files" won't cause any issues at all. They may even be commented out in the panel.cfg file, but are still being listed as "missing." Obviously, the rxpGNS.gau entries could be removed entirely, since RXP would not work even if it was present!

The null.wav file is probably an empty .wav file (a dummy as it were), although I have no idea why anyone would want to play a silent .wav file anyway!

Fr. Bill    

I have no problems with Realair Legacy and Realair Duke v2 except the missing sounds (same issue in v2.0).

Officially these aircrafts are not supported for P3D v2.

I will check the gauge error log later.

My Lancair Legacy is flying swimmingly well (with all sounds when run in the legacy mode)with no noticeable problems other than what seems to be an overall problem with P3dv2.1 - a disparity between the GPS presentation and the gyrocompass.

Chaz

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Missing "gauge files" won't cause any issues at all. They may even be commented out in the panel.cfg file, but are still being listed as "missing." Obviously, the rxpGNS.gau entries could be removed entirely, since RXP would not work even if it was present!

The null.wav file is probably an empty .wav file (a dummy as it were), although I have no idea why anyone would want to play a silent .wav file anyway!

Ok, thanks!