Sign in to follow this  
Forkboy2

Flight Planning

Hello all,I see many posts describing realistic flight paths used by airlines. Where do you find out this information? Specifically, I'm looking for some of the flight routes used by American Eagle in Texas and the rest of the southwest, but knowing where to find others would also be good to know.Thanx in advanceBMB

The airline web sites are the best source of info for this. Usually under the heading along the lines of "travel info". Every airline I've gone to has a downloadable timetable, route maps, and some even have a small schedule program that you can put right into your computer (probably designed for PDA users). The timetable are particularly useful if you want to recreate a specific route with stops etc. The only drawback I've found is that sometimes when using Ultimate Traffic the actual flight and I are side by side ;-) Mike

Thanks Mike,I know about the time tables. What I'm looking for is the actual flight route the aircraft take. For example, Southwest Airlines flight from El Paso to Austin is KELP.J183.PEQ.J183.LLO.KALLA1.KAUS I find quite a bit of info on these forums, but I'd like to know where to find the info myself so I can do it for the flights I want.BMB

Check out the preferred route description here. This FAA CD at a one time fee of $12 might have several things you are looking for.http://avn.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/cata...s/digital/daicdPreferred routing are paths used where local ATC areas overlap and can go quite a distance. I think you local route described might fall under these. What is means is that control is never transfered to enroute ATC but from region to region is transferred among approach/departure ATC. The FAA has been pushing this for quite some time.I have the SimPlates2004 collection which includes this info (but not IFR charts).With the preferred list routing and low and high altitude IFR charts on the FAA CD, you should be able to come up with these routes. You'll need the charts to define some waypints on the preferred routes which occur for low and high altitude and are often listed for several classes of aircraft.I already have the paper charts so I do not have the CD.