Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikealpha

Captain Sim !! Did they "through the towel"?

Guest Debosonic

I am also worried about CS. My guess is probably they are not able to continue to keep up with the current advanced state of FS add ons from other developers. I have all their products and their latest product, the 707, although very good, lacks some systems implementations and is still not up to the standard systems wise. But visually and audibly I think it is still superb and can be hand landed almost anywhere.I am inclined to believe that they have been overtaken lately by newer fs add-on developers...I doubt that we'll see much from them in the following 6 months or so.Their grandiose announcement of 8 new aircraft seems a bit inappropriate, compared to their recent silence....

Well, CS has really nothing going on at the moment: the refuse to patch the 707, their 727 has been overtaken by DF.Aren't they planning to release a 767? Lol, can you say Level D sim.They got blown to pieces, as you say, by the rapidly developing market. I wish someone had cached their support forum, as there was really a lot of good info from fellow simmers.ricardo

Guest cw1011

Because even at those prices, ICBMs are a lot cheaper than large standing armies, airforces and navies.

Guest PhilipsCDRW

>Because even at those prices, ICBMs are a lot cheaper than>large standing armies, airforces and navies. Huh?? I don't understand how that relates to CS...

>What is the bottom line on that 707 they are now selling. It>sure looks sweet, but I have not really heard much about it on>the forum. Is it a go or a no go in terms of a purchase in>most of your minds? What are the negatives about it?A slip on their usual standards in my book. Just look at the switch graphics in the VC... they've got a real problem with maintaining a consistent perspective. (read: half the switches look like pics from one side, while half look pics from the other, and then all are mixed into one panel)

I like the 707, and I own their 727, MIG and the F104 and I like them all. True, there are some things that need to be fixed in the 707, but its still a good plane.

While the CS 727 might not fly "exactly" like then real aircraft I still think it's a good product. The photo-real panel and VC are excellent, and I really like the "ckeck-set" feature. I haven't tried the DF model yet, but considering thier track record I'm sure it's good too. I just checked the CS website and it seems they're just re-vamping the forum. I'm sure it will be back soon. {I hope}.Dave FisherCYYZP4 2.8 GB 478P 533 MHZ CPUP4P800S Asus Motherboard768 DDRGeforce Ti 4200/128Maxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

>While the CS 727 might not fly "exactly" like then real>aircraft I still think it's a good product. The photo-real>panel and VC are excellent, and I really like the "ckeck-set">feature. I haven't tried the DF model yet, but considering>thier track record I'm sure it's good too. I just checked the>CS website and it seems they're just re-vamping the forum. I'm>sure it will be back soon. {I hope}.I agree.

Guest MaverM

I have never had any problems with CS support, usually they respond to requests promptly. As for me I'm quite satisfied with them. And with their products.

Guest Captain Sim

Dear FlightSimmers,Just to confirm, Captain Sim is OK, working hard and growing. CS is about to introduce new online services and major update of the Web Site.Key features:- Improved Functionality and Usability- New Automated Customer Support System - New Sections and Content- Site Search- Mailing Lists and moreThe new web site should be up very soon. (same URL: www.captainsim.com)2. At the same time also expect 2 extensive previews: the "Legendary Herk" and the "Legendary 767". Just a couple of screens: http://www.captainsim.com/_767/767s4.jpghttp://www.captainsim.com/_767/130.jpghttp://www.captainsim.com/logo_n.gifwww.captainsim.com

Guest Akflyin

Hello Sir,Just wanted to Thank You for the update on your status. The Screenshots look amazing and looking forward to your new website look.Thanks AgainDave

Awesome! Thanks CS for the update I always thought you guys were too good to get out of the flight sim business.loyal CS customer,Jeff USAF

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Yeah.... Yeah....working hard and growing.........Major update of the Web Site..........Totally sick and tired with extensive previews... x( You're previewing the C-130 (Herk) since YEARS now....I believe we were using FS 2002 then...What about some planes at last? at least the C-130!Before FS 2006 is out!AC5

Guest Crazed One

Wow, C-130 pic.Please just keep us updated after new site opens. I for one used to visit your site more than once per week for updates on the C-130. And I will stop there. Good Luck.

Amazing!:7 Thanks CaptainSim!I was your loyal customer since the beginning.I have all your products, can't wait to add C-130 to the hangar!:9 Keep up great work!;)