Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

FTX Global with UTX for improved landclass?

Guest Mik75

Hi there!
I have a question:
I plan to buy FTX Global Vector anytime soon, but I'd like to use UTX for its improved landclass. If I switch off all the night lighting options and the roads within UTX, will the FTX Global night lights work on the default streets as they do now, and later on the streets provided by FTX Global vector? I just want to use the landclass effect of UTX.

Sorry for the multiple post!

I am having many issues with posting lately, and especially using tapatalk gives my many errors.

When posting this, tapatalk showed me an error, my post couldn´t be done due to a server error. Now I see, it´s been posted so many times.

How many times did you hit the "Post" button?

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest Mik75

How many times did you hit the "Post" button?

Believe it or not: ONCE! 

I tried to post the topic via tapatalk, but it came up with an error... Now I see this, sorry about it. 

There seem to be a few issues when posting thru Tapatalk. Anyway, the duplicate posts are now gone  :smile:

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Guest Mik75

There seem to be a few issues when posting thru Tapatalk. Anyway, the duplicate posts are now gone :smile:

Thank you!

Any help an the topic is still highly appreciated! ;-)

Hi Micheal,

I use UTX and FTX Global together exactly for the same reason with FTXG providing night lighting.  Do a search here or head over to the Orbx forum's for more specific information.

Merci Jean-Paul.

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest Mik75

I read about the tweaks of the terrain.cfg to have the FTX Global lights on the UTX streets. But will the FTX Global lights work on the default roads now, and later on the FTX Global vector roads if I turn off all road options in UTX?

Guest Mik75

I just found the thread at simforums concerning the UTX lighting tool for FTX, and it works like a charm!

Now, I can use all the good vector data and the landclass from UTX with the fantastic FTX Global textures and night lights together!

Thanks for your help.

Glad you found the info you needed.  I wasn't able to get back to my PC until this afternoon.  Enjoy the sim.

\Robert Hamlich/