Sign in to follow this  
felipeturbay

REX4 Textures + ASN = AS2012 still needed?

Hi guys,

I initially bought AS 2012. Some days ago I purchased the ASN and then also the REX 4 textures. At the moment I am planning my flight in ASN (I am using it as my weather engine) then close it and open REX 4 choose the textures i want, load them and start FSX.

From my point of view I do not need to open and do anything in AS2012 anymore as long as I want to install some specific graphics or so (which actuallly I dont know what happens if I install here a texture and then afterwards a similar one in REX4...) Does some of you are are still using AS2012 after purchasing ASN and using textures from REX4?

ASN doesn't care where the textures come from, it just displays them.  The only reason to keep AS2012 now is if you want to use some of their textures at some point.  Personally, I'd keep it around just to get the occasional variety.

You can install new textures over existing ones in FSX, they'll just replace the old texture.  This shouldn't cause any problems.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I mix and match REX sky textures (I have found good sets with soft horizons that blend well) with Flight Environment X clouds... having a number of options is cool to mix and match! :)

A