Sign in to follow this  
Jetblst

List of Airport Gates and Taxi Spots?

Looks like this has been beat to death but I am asking from a slightly different angle.

Is there a list of what parking spot is where on any given airport?  Once in a while it would be nice to say where GA RAMP SPOT 6 actually IS.  That way if I am starting a flight from what I think is Signature in RW airports it would be nice if I knew what gates or ramp spots are where.

Im not interested in what ATC does with me or my AI.  I simply would like a list if there is such a thing of what number is where on any given airport.  Thanks.

Respectfully,

Jet

Hi Jet,

I'm not sure of a way to look at this directly in FSX without starting the flight and then going into top-down view to get your bearings. To be honest, the best way to find out with an unfamiliar airport is to find a chart online and get a rough idea where a particular parking spot is on the airfield. Even default airports are generally in a similar configuration to the real thing.

Plan G has the option to display an airport diagram, with all the parking spots marked.  Hover the mouse over a blue or green dot to see what kind of parking spot it is.  The yellow spot is the fuel.

If you're using Plan G, I recommend the OpenCycle maps in the options page, which shows contour lines.  The nice thing is, Plan G is free.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

For FSX world, I agree, Avilasoft EFB.

For real world, jeppesen provide chart for parking positions. I think NACO plates do not contain that information, while all European AIPs publish that in their official charts.

Sorry if I wasn't clear guys.  I have a RW EFB (Jepp FD as well as ForeFlight for the Ipad),  I use along side.  So I am not looking for charts thanks for those tips however!  I was looking to see if there is a list of FSX parking "spots" anywhere.  Maybe someone with an AFCAD editor had compiled a list.  My google searchs and forum searches turned up nothing.  But like I say.  I am far from the guru of search.  LOL.

As it is, when starting a new flight from a new airport I have to select a starting point on the field and it is a guessing game as to where I might end up.

Not a deal crusher at all I just thought it would be a nice little handy tool.

That said.  I am off to go see about this Plan G LHookins is talking about.  Sounds great!

Thanks so much!

Avilasoft EFB gives a great parking map.

Does this EFB have the FSX parking spots (the ones within FSX) on their maps by chance?

Respectfully,

Jet

BINGO.  Plan G it is...  Thanks again LHOOKINS for the tip.

Here is a General Aviation Field.  Covington GA, right outside Atlanta Hartsfield (91A)

Here is Atlanta Heartsfield (KATL)

Respectfully,

Jet