Sign in to follow this  
Noel

If you did a full install of 2.1, have the same add-ons as 2.0, do you have less/same/more OOM events in similar scenarios w/ the same settings?

v2.0 versus 2.1: are OOM events less/same/more?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If you have installed the full version of 2.1 w/ same add ons & same in-sim settings, do you have less/same/more OOM events?

• Less OOMs
    • Same OOMs
    • More OOMs

This probably is sounding like a near troll at this point, but I can't tell what the answer is to this question from reading posts about the topic.  

Often folks are trying diligently to test the limits of 2.1 and what it takes to OOM, but that doesn't really get to this question of 'is there something truly fundamentally different in 2.1 that causes OOMs to occur earlier when the same add ons & in-sim settings are being used, in similar scenarios?   Responding to the poll will help folks who have not done the clean full install yet to decide to do this, and of course I'm one of those who just did the patched install.  There should be enough of a consensus to get at a pretty solid answer for this question by this point.  I had no OOMs ever in 2.0 and now have them w/ both QW757 & MD80, but again I didn't do the full install yet.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I doubt that this poll will bring any light in the OOM problems.

Spirit

I have not had an OOM.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I doubt that this poll will bring any light in the OOM problems.

Spirit

I agree, but that is because it was only intended to shed light on the question posed paraphrased as, 'does a full install of 2.1 behave differently w/ regard to OOM risk than 2.0?'.  It was done to help users decide it is worth the time to do a full install of 2.1, not to shed light on the specific sources of OOMs.  Comments from the dev on this might be useful too, such as, 'you can expect 2.1 will OOM quicker than 2.0 w/ the same settings because of [fill in the blank w/ reasons why this might be expected]'

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Here is how I look at it, if we all had X-boxes, and they were all exactly the same, then I would be kind of ######.  But, too many variables that can pop up.  Ask your self this question, how long was FSX on the block before they starting making major upgrades and patches.  How many fixes has our community on its own came up with that when Microsoft pulled the plug and left us in the dark did others step up and help the community.  

There is more to our community of simmers,than just boring holes in the sky!

Hang in there, we as a community will fix this, unless your hardware is on the edge of being obsolete, if so, you know what to put on your christmas and birthday wishes!