Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Haneda Tokyo FSX scenery by Technobrain

Is it me or are they asking 6800YEN for that?  That's about $66!

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

That's the thing about Japan.

In Yodobashi Camera hardware is very cheap, actually everywhere.

But when it comes to software, it aint cheap! DVDs used to be like that but their prices are becoming more competitive now. I saw 2 Blu Rays for 3000Yen which is pretty good considering a few years ago a movie like Black Hawk Down was somewhere like $50!!! (4400Yen!). They have a lot of popular movies for example one is Hunt for Red October, but a lot of popular action movies.

Akihabara is a place you would love to go as you would find a lot of tech not available outside Japan.

I remember seeing 3.5 inch DVDs (not called DVDs though, they were simply a file storage unit) years ago, never saw it outside Japan, not even my PC component shop.

Haneda is truly an amazing airport now they have International flights. You have to go to Narita for the A380 which is the biggest A380 hub in the whole bar none! Lufthansa, Air France, Thai and Singapore all fly their 380s there, and maybe even BA later. That's a guess on BA though.

Haneda is prolific for Dreamliners, their is a vast armada of them! I like them but not their batteries and tech components (don't get me started!). When they resolve that I'll gladly fly them. A lot of effort went into them and credit is due Boeing and staff [but safety must come first.]

Narita has an Aviation museum and great spotters areas (I can help line you up with local spotters who could drive you around to 34 or 16R) and Haneda has amazing locations which you would never have dreamed of for taking photos.

The best advice I can give you about Japan if you want to visit is to pack the very least amount of clothing and other stuff as possible. As you use the public transport there you don't want to be lugging huge items around with you. The Japanese are extremely practical! You'll see what I mean if you ever do visit.

One last thing, sort out your internet before you go as wifi is very restrictive there. Don't expect MacDonalds like in other countries to offer free Wifi (Starbucks does but you still need ID from NTT!!!) so you will have to hang out in hip places like Harajuku or have friends that have it. The problem is lots of people ring up the elderly and scam money off them so their is lots of Identity theft and such as that Japan has to deal with. Apart from that you would love it.

• Upvote 2

I remember seeing 3.5 inch DVDs (not called DVDs though, they were simply a file storage unit) years ago, never saw it outside Japan, not even my PC component shop.

I think those were called "minidisc" and they never took off in the States likes they did in Japan.

You should get the RJTT scenery by Ken Yonezawa (btd_tokyo2012.zip) which includes the international terminal and new runway.  Although its for FS2004,  it can work in FSX but it has a plateau problem with the new runway.  Is there a way to fix that?

rjtt_zpsb2a9438d.jpg

I think those were called "minidisc" and they never took off in the States likes they did in Japan.

MD. Now I remember, Right.

I remember minidiscs. (Australia) back from around the 2001-2005 kinda timeframe.

These things right? I have a few floating around in a back cupboard somewhere in my house lol.

the cost of living in japan are high that's why their price on FSX addons are high 

It isn't as high as you think it is. The cost of living in Australia is high now and Japan has suffered from deflation in the last 5 years.

You pay high prices for software in Australia if you compare the same item to the USA.

Trent: I was mistaken. The MD's are audio.

I was thinking of MOs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magneto-optical_drive

Is it me or are they asking 6800YEN for that?  That's about $66!

At that price, no thanks.

Good lord, Japanese developers' prices are truly in a league of their own...

Maybe the name of the devloper gives a clue .....nobrain. Well it's a 'no brainer' to give this one a miss at that price!

If this were the average asking price for scenery addons, it might see the end of our hobby (apart from perhaps in Japan!).

What makes this worse is that the screenshots on the site do not suggest that this scenery is top quality stuff either. Just compare it with Taxi2Gate MMMX which is on sale for another few hours today at a price which is a steal! Get that instead and you will have enough money left for another one or two addons (or even an Australian or Japanese hamburger!!)

Bill

Maybe the name of the devloper gives a clue .....nobrain. Well it's a 'no brainer' to give this one a miss at that price!

If this were the average asking price for scenery addons, it might see the end of our hobby (apart from perhaps in Japan!).

What makes this worse is that the screenshots on the site do not suggest that this scenery is top quality stuff either. Just compare it with Taxi2Gate MMMX which is on sale for another few hours today at a price which is a steal! Get that instead and you will have enough money left for another one or two addons (or even an Australian or Japanese hamburger!!)

Bill

Bill,

I thought posting it would better our hobby.

Thanks for your reflection. It does have the new runway at Haneda.

I suppose you have been to Haneda and the NEW International Terminal?

Daniel