Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Haneda Tokyo FSX scenery by Technobrain

Hi Daniel

I am not criticising you for posting it and I apologize if my attempt at a joke caused any offence - that was not my intention.

I was however really surprised at the very expensive cost of this addon scenery, particularly as the screenshots on the Japanese (developer's?) site do not suggest that it is scenery of the quality of Fly Tampa etc which is what you would expect at the very least for this sort of price. I do however accept that the screenshots might not do it justice.

And, no I have not been to Haneda in the real world!

Bill

• Upvote 1

Hi Daniel

I am not criticising you for posting it and I apologize if my attempt at a joke caused any offence - that was not my intention.

I was however really surprised at the very expensive cost of this addon scenery, particularly as the screenshots on the Japanese (developer's?) site do not suggest that it is scenery of the quality of Fly Tampa etc which is what you would expect at the very least for this sort of price. I do however accept that the screenshots might not do it justice.

And, no I have not been to Haneda in the real world!

Bill

Thanks Bill.

Yes the cost seems high but I can't comment until I see what I get for my money. If I do get it, I will let you know and do a full review unless someone at Avsim does one....

I'll upload some photos I took at Haneda last June. It is like a 'gold plated airport'! I'll get busy..... 

The Original Terminal 1 and 2 of the Domestic Terminal (although the sign says it is International it was always that-need a history thing here too!) are amazing full of shopping outlets like the ones you would find in the Marriot or Twin Towers at Kuala Lumpur.

Tiffanys can even be found on the airside part of the Terminal at the New International Terminal (which IS the International Terminal!).

Here are they (the restaurant and airplane hobby shop was in Terminal One-Domestic-has a free shuttle bus every ten minutes between all three terminals- where the best shopping is and restaurants are with runway views while you eat! The restaurant is Royal Host on Level 7 I think it is-it isn't expensive-about $15 for a meal and you can also have on tap beer and wine coffees etc!-Royal Host is just one of many restaurants you will find in Japan that show you the quality Japanese aspire to but while keeping the price to an absolute minimum!):

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2006.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2012.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg
Edited by Jim Young
Approx 30 images removed as topics are limited to no more than 20.

The screenshots look like good quality freeware but not even remotely resembling good quality payware and to be honest I wouldn't buy it any cost let alone the silly price asked here.

I know Asia is short of Airports but Pacific Island sims have a good coverage and are quite decent quality especially when they have the bi annual 50% discount, you can get 4 for $66

:biggrin:

ZORAN

I'll upload some photos I took at Haneda last June. It is like a 'gold plated airport'! I'll get busy.....

Looks quite one amazing terminal! Maybe I will manage to visit it one day!

Bill

That one is expensive even for Japanese standarts. And yes it doesn't look good. Use this freeware scenery instead,

http://homepage3.nifty.com/fsx-benricho/rjtt_fsx_fix.zip

- It has a D-Runway (RWY-05/23 2500M Heading 229 ILS Frequency 111.350)

- It has new international terminal and some other new buildings

There are also other nice freeware Japanese sceneries at the site, unfortunately it's Japanese but you can get what you want with the help of google translate,

http://homepage3.nifty.com/fsx-benricho/

By the way, for payware Japanese airports check Wing Creation. They've released 2 airports so far, RJAA (Narita) and RJSF (Fukushima). Both very nice, high quality airports. Still little bit pricey but not ridiculously expensive like Technobrain.

http://www.wingcreation.com/"]http://www.wingcreation.com/

• Upvote 2

I used to have a whole series of airports for Japan by a company called Overland installed in FS9. These were really quite good quality and, if I remember correctly, also quite reasonably priced. It's a shame they have not been upgraded for FSX.

Bill

Just wondering is the payware link at the top still working and is the software still available? (just clicked link it and it doesn't seem to work) - bit expensive I agree buy just flew out of haneda so looking for a good free or payware one?

Can any one recommended the best pay/freeware software for Narita/Centair/Kansai interntional?

There is good quality payware for Chubu Centrair (Nagoya) from Pacific Island Simulations but, although not as expensive as Haneda, it is not cheap either!

Bill

It is disappointing. Frames are awful even with default aircraft. Hope a decent company makes a RJTT.

thanks for the replies - I found the haneda payware - looks like the link is dead but if you explore the site I got to the page - is it correct you can only order this as a disk (seems like I need to order it from amazon japan? - but my Japanese is not so good!)

also found a ANA 787 made by aerosim - has anyone seen any reviews for this?and is it any good?

Is there any update information for the Haneda FSX (V2) from TechnoBrain.

Like another forum member it seems that the links are dead.

As a European how was it possible to install this Japanese version scenery on Windows 7, if by chance it is (re) released in the future.

And are the textures as bad as people say.

I have Wings Creation Narita and this is so heavy I do not enjoy going there.

Chebu is good and so were the Japanese Sceneries airports in FS9, missing these a lot.

Is there any update information for the Haneda FSX (V2) from TechnoBrain.

I did a search for 'Haneda FSX (V2)' via the Google search engine and found a lot of information on it.  Freeware and payware stuff for this country and this area.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for your quick reply.

Checked the Technobrain website, you need a Japanese language PC according to what I could find using Google Translate.

I used to have in FS9 Japanese Overland/SimmersSky Airports, fantastic scenery.

Just sent an e-mail if they are considering making an FSX version.

Have several airports from Ray Smith, but for Haneda I have been spoilt after using the FS9 Overland version.

Wondering if Hanada is in the pipeline for other developers like FSDT, FlightBeam  etc etc.

Just have to be patient I think.

UPDATE.

Copied the FS9 RJTT scenery, including the afcad, Haneda static objects  vehicles/containers/stairs etc,

and everything went perfect.

Usually when I copy FS9 airports to FSX I also still have the default airport, like I did with Amman.

This is not now the case, why did I not think about trying this before, I am pleased with the result.

• Upvote 1