Sign in to follow this  
-Stark-

Pedal and Yoke Sensitivity Settings

I've been using a Saitek Pro Cessna Pedals and Yoke for about a month or so now (P3D maybe three months).  It's been fun messing around with them and comparing video game flying to real flying.  I'm curious to what people who use these peripherals have in their settings.  I thought mine was semi realistic and a relative that was over who currently flies F15s thought they were way off so we adjusted them again.  This is what I have right now and I really only fly General Aviation stuff C182, 206.. things like that.

Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals

Brake Axis both are at 65 with a Null zone of 5.

Rudder Axis is 20 with a Null zone of 1.

Pro Flight Cessna Yoke

Ailerons axis is 127 with 5 Null

Elevator axis is 90 with 5 Null

Apologize I didn't get fancy with screenshots!

Interesting. I've always wondered about my Saitek setup. I have mine set about;

90 for the brakes...7...null zone

rudder set about the same or near as possible.

yoke settings are full (127) with 10 null.

I have my reality settings; all sliders to max. I too, prefer GA type aircraft with the exception of the Q300 and Q400, both by Majestic. Will try your settings, see how it feels. Especially the brake settings, always had trouble with smooth braking.

Thanx, Craig.

With the Saitek Cessna pedals, I have the rudder sensitivity set full right and null zone full left.

The brakes are set direct to FSUIPC, and flatten the response curve by using the down arrow in the slope function to 5. This gives me very smooth, graduated braking.

/Russell.

The brakes are set direct to FSUIPC, and flatten the response curve by using the down arrow in the slope function to 5.

I'm not even sure what all that means.  I know FSUIPC is a tool that helps external programs interact with Prepar3D but that's about the extent of my knowledge.

Thanks Bob, and Russell. I appreciate the advice/insight you both have provided. It has been a tremendous help. I 'm finally able to get my controllers set to something more realistic. I now have a much easier time maintaining a coordinated turn.

Thanx, Craig

Hi AviatorBob,

Assigning a button to the brakes, when pressed, the brakes are applied fully... either ON or OFF. With a registered copy of FSUIPC you can assign the brake pedals to an axis, one for the left brake, one for the right. On the setup page you will see a button marked SLOPE. Pressing the down arrow flattens the response curve (makes the pedal less sensitive in the initial press) Playing with that to what suits your setup, you can get very smooth, progressive braking, from gentle to full on, depending on how hard you press (just like your car) Personally, I had great difficulty in getting both pedals to apply the same pressure at the same time (maybe a fault with my pedals) so, as I have no need for differential braking, I assigned the left pedal to the left and right brake... and the right pedal to the right and left brake (are you still with me ?) which means, whether I press the left, right, or both together, I get smooth progressive braking...in a straight line.

/Russell

Edited by Smoky942

Hi AviatorBob,

Assigning a button to the brakes, when pressed, the brakes are applied fully... either ON or OFF. With a registered copy of FSUIPC you can assign the brake pedals to an axis, one for the left brake, one for the right. On the setup page you will see a button marked SLOPE. Pressing the down arrow flattens the response curve (makes the pedal less sensitive in the initial press) Playing with that to what suits your setup, you can get very smooth, progressive braking, from gentle to full on, depending on how hard you press (just like your car) Personally, I had great difficulty in getting both pedals to apply the same pressure at the same time (maybe a fault with my pedals) so, as I have no need for differential braking, I assigned the left pedal to the left and right brake... and the right pedal to the right and left brake (are you still with me ?) which means, whether I press the left, right, or both together, I get smooth progressive braking...in a straight line.

/Russell

Hi Russell how are you sorry to trouble you,I'm sort of having the same issue setting the left and right toe breaks in Microsoft FSX for any plane I fly. I am using Saitek Combat Flight rudder pedals. I have tried various combinations in calibrate and control axis under settings  but the breaks are still applied at the beginning of the flight.

This is what is happening at present:

1. With no feet on pedals, I see BREAKS in red on lower left of screen.

2. With feet on pedals (toe breaks applied) I see DIFFERENTIAL BREAKS in red on lower left of screen.

3. In FSX control settings,calibration I have the controller disabled since I'm using FSUIPC 4.9.3.4

4. In Calibration window setup I can see crosshairs jumping or shaking with no feet on pedals.

5. Under control axis for the rudder pedals, all key bindings deleted items that appear as break (left axis), break (right axis) and rudder (rudder axis). 

I usually fly Airbus x and PMDG 737 and the problem is more worse with Airbus x it's hard to keep it straight when taxing and just a slight touch of the pedal will start swerving side to side.

I believe that I have tried every combination possible to fix the problem but without success.

Can you please help me out? Please help. Thank you.

Regards

Lloyd

Hi Russell how are you sorry to trouble you,I'm sort of having the same issue setting the left and right toe breaks in Microsoft FSX for any plane I fly. I am using Saitek Combat Flight rudder pedals. I have tried various combinations in calibrate and control axis under settings  but the breaks are still applied at the beginning of the flight.

This is what is happening at present:

1. With no feet on pedals, I see BREAKS in red on lower left of screen.

2. With feet on pedals (toe breaks applied) I see DIFFERENTIAL BREAKS in red on lower left of screen.

3. In FSX control settings,calibration I have the controller disabled since I'm using FSUIPC 4.9.3.4

4. In Calibration window setup I can see crosshairs jumping or shaking with no feet on pedals.

5. Under control axis for the rudder pedals, all key bindings deleted items that appear as break (left axis), break (right axis) and rudder (rudder axis). 

I usually fly Airbus x and PMDG 737 and the problem is more worse with Airbus x it's hard to keep it straight when taxing and just a slight touch of the pedal will start swerving side to side.

I believe that I have tried every combination possible to fix the problem but without success.

Can you please help me out? Please help. Thank you.

Regards

Lloyd

You have to set the brakes to "reverse axis".

..espen..

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

Like on this screenshot (which I found using Google because I am not on my own PC). Make sure those buttons on the right in the Reverse columns are ticked! (And ONLY tick those for the brakes!)

attachment.php?attachmentid=153760&d=137