Sign in to follow this  
Guest Super69

Beta Testers Wanted: Real Pilots highly preferred

Guest Super69

First off, hello to all. Its been a while since I have posted in AVSIM, been busy with real world issues. My name is Al Lynch, and some may remember me as the FDX Engineer on the Simubuild A345, 346, and MU2 series. Introductions to the side, I am looking for beta testers for a new project.I am currently an Army ATC, and i've run into a little problem. Most ATC's train at one facility, and rarely get moved around in the Army (at least where I am stationed), and I tried to find a way to keep us proficient somewhat on as much areas of ATC as possible (GCA, Local Control, Ground Control, Arrival and Departure), and here is what I came up with.At Fort Rucker, Cairns AAF is the main Airfield, but unknown to most, there are at least 30 satalitte airfields within a 40 NM radius of that airport, all used for training (both ATC, and Initial Flight Training). My plan is to replicate this network of Airports and Radar Control facilities on Flight Simulator by creating fictional Airfields, Basefields, and Stage fields to train on. So one issue solved, only problem, we can't control AI Aircraft.To solve this the plan is to, every weekend, host a Multiplayer Server, with the controlled airports (and the various positions there), run by real air traffic controllers that I work with.Although it will be much fun, we do (ATC's) plan to get some training value out of this, so rightfully, we can't put the scenery up for download and start controlling traffic. Here is where the beta testers come in.I need a few pilots, real pilots are highly preferred, although simulator pilots who are FULLY AWARE of ground-to-ATC procedures are acceptable too. What we are going to do is have the pilots simulate traffic at these fictional airports, and we will fine tune all the procedures and phraseology, and create both a Facility Training Manual (FTM) for all of the controllers, and a Airfield Operations Pamphlet (AOP) for all of the pilots who will participate in the sessions.Helicopter pilots are definatley welcomed, since Army Air Trafic Controllers mostly deal with rotary-wing. This, again, is rough around the edges, so I do need the beta testers. Its limited to 10 pilots for control reasons, although I will open more in the future.For more information, contact me, preferably on Instant Messenger, .Yahoo!: simubuildAIM: fspadirectorEmail me also, simubuild@yahoo.comAppreciate the Time,Al LynchAir Traffic Controller