Does DirectX10 improve framerates

Question in title

AMD Ryzen 3800X 3.9 GHz Turbo up to 4.2 GHz

GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Windforce 11GB

32GB 3200MHz RAM 

1TB Crucial SSD & 1 500GB Crucial SSD

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, CH Products Pro Pedals

Yes...

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Start FSX. Notice the FPS and and flashing textures and the FS9 textures that have vanished.

Do you put on a Gabardine Raincoat and a felt hat when you post on the forums Jim ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

No,not on my machine, all machines are different.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I dont believe anyone can say differently yes or no. Im not really getting any better FPS than FSx that I know of. Settings all very.

Yes, I'm getting not only better, but smoother FPS.  I don't get more than maybe 5-10% better in the most demanding areas, such as downtown Seattle, but I'm staying at my locked 30 FPS everywhere else, which I didn't always do in DX9.  And the clincher is that it is quite smooth!

YES it improves FPS!

YES it improves visuals!

YES it is more stable than dx9!

YES go get the fixer!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Same on my machine - a great improvement, after a lot of fetling. As mentioned by numerous others here on Avsim - start with a clean fsx.cfg is absolutely essential, otherwise it's hard to pinpoint the exact cause of potential problems.

Peter Wright, aka Froogle, made a brilliant video on Youtube, describing one way of applying tweaks in a orderly fashion, to help you figure out what the various tweaks do, and how they perform/impact your system:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXj90GBPdc8&feature=c4-overview&list=UUCcyPyTfN8LEVHQojHkR-aA . Helped me out a lot, although it took some time:) (I ended up with a DX9 that works, and a DX10 that works! Although completely different configs). The AVSIM guide is also a must read. 

In my case for instance, with an  EVGA-GTX780, a 3770k@5.0gHz, 2333mhz (11-13-13) ram, the performance seemed somewhat better with the BP=0 tweak, although it made PDMG NGX crash while loading if the Fiber tweak was applied with a value less than = 0.19. With BP set to 8mb, in accordance with the Avsim-guide, with a moderate LOD radius (6.0) and FFT=0.1,  FPS is glued to 30 (locked internally in FSX), even with ActiveSky Next, FTX Global, FTX Vectors, Aerosoft ENGM 2 etc. 

This is probably not new to anyone, but it's worth mentioning: I had, in order to test/crash recover, while testing OC-in, enabled autosave in FSUIPC, at an interval of 60 seconds. As it turned out, this impacted performance something awful on my machine! Frame rates dropped often, and the whole sim would stutter for a second, then being fine again. Extremely irritating when on approach..After increasing the interval, everything is well! 

(What I can't figure out as of know, is why 1/2 refersh rate vsync is not working via nVidia Inspector. Have triple checked the settings posted in http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426219-proper-nvidia-inspector-settings-wiht-dx10-fixer/ , but still dosen't work . )