Sign in to follow this  
FS++

MCE goes classic and supports CS 707 with simulated flight engineer

Attention all MCE users

You are kindly invited to download and install the latest version from our website

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

There is no separate Demo and registered package anymore.

What’s new in this version...

MCE now officially  Prepar3D V2 ready, not just installer. ATC and GSX which were broken earlier have now been restored.

It adds full support for CS 707 classic, with simulated flight engineer.

Has improved ATC PTT functionality which indirectly improves the ATC feature.

Improved interaction with ground mechanic.

Fixes a few bugs reported on this forum

Adds 2 new ramp agents, Jane and Ray (let’s welcome them).

And the icing on the cake, MCE now displays the remaining FS virtual memory on-screen alongside the spoken command. And  without hurting performance, since remaining VAS is only computed once when you speak something and not constantly at  pre-set intervals. It will help you decide what to do should that value dip under 250 MB, and better understand the impact of various add-ons and FS settings.

“Control speedbird 123 request deviation right of track to avoid built-up area” (no, not the usual Cumulo-nimbus) :P 

Let the VAS games begin...

PS: Note to registered users. When done with installation, run the application wizard to ensure the CS707 new files are copied to the relevant folders.

Guest Mik75

Nice! Thats a good reason to install the CS 707 again! ;-)

Hi Gerald,Ben,

thanks for the update :biggrin:

and eehh.... welcome  Jane and Ray

John

John Cramer

Hi Gerald,

Couple of questions;-

Have you included Mechanics Jane and Ray on the MCE front page for download?

Also, do we still click on "Download MCE Demo" for the new inclusive Demo and Registered Package?

Cheers

David

Nice, simulated Flight Engineer! Now I have even a better reason to fly the CS 707.

Thank you!

Keith Guillory

Hi Gerald,

Couple of questions;-

Have you included Mechanics Jane and Ray on the MCE front page for download?

Also, do we still click on "Download MCE Demo" for the new inclusive Demo and Registered Package?

Cheers

David

Ramp agents recordings aren't separate downloads.

They are all embedded in "Announce.dll" which gets updated with every release. Ray will pop-in in Ireland, while Jane will meet you in Switzerland or down under. Still looking for Oz ramp agents.

Until further notice, the same Demo package should be used by registered users too.

Nice, simulated Flight Engineer! Now I have even a better reason to fly the CS 707.

Thank you!

You're welcome.

Enjoy the Demo.

Don't forget to download the additional voice packs. There are 7 co-pilot voice packs, and you can assign them either to FO or F/E via the <Command> tab of the user interface

H

i,    im getting                           failed to locate voxkey command profile   on start up  2.5.9.4

got it p3d profile had to be reload

Edited by Charles Le

H

i,    im getting                           failed to locate voxkey command profile   on start up  2.5.9.4

got it p3d profile had to be reload

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A specific file should have been automatically copied to \My Documents\VoxKey\Profiles folder. The app wizard is expected to do that.

Here is the workaround

Go to \Multi Crew Experience\Support\ folder and copy file "Prepar3D demo.vkp"

Paste the file to  \My Documents\VoxKey\Profiles\  folder

The profile is only relevant if you add custom commands to it. Otherwise you can safely ignore that message. All it's telling you, is that in case you have made custom commands intended to be convertd to key strokes to be sent to the sim, it won't happen because the profile is missing. You will still be able to interact with FO and flight engineer.

I'm confused by this.  I see for download Mechanics Clive, Sten, Lorna, David, and Andrew.  I don't have MCE up right this second, but I thought we had to explicitely tell MCE which Mechanic to use, just like we do with the Co Pilot and the Engineer.  Are you saying that these new guys, Jane and Ray, who are part of Announce.dll, and who we don't need to download, will override our chosen mechanic on a regional basis, as appropriate?

Edited by KingGhidorah

I'm confused by this.  I see for download Mechanics Clive, Sten, Lorna, David, and Andrew.  I don't have MCE up right this second, but I thought we had to explicitely tell MCE which Mechanic to use, just like we do with the Co Pilot and the Engineer.  Are you saying that these new guys, Jane and Ray, who are part of Announce.dll, and who we don't need to download, will override our chosen mechanic on a regional basis, as appropriate?

You may not be aware of this if you aren't using GSX or AES.

MCE provides different ramp agents depending on the ICAO ID of the airport you start your flight from.

You talk to ramp agents and they coordinate with GSX or AES. No need to worry about opening and closing doors. It's all done automatically.

Nothing has changed regarding other voice packs (FO, mMechanics and Pursers).

Hi

MCI keeps asking me where is my flight plan located and even after providing the path to p3d flight plan folder

its says ????to????

Hi

MCI keeps asking me where is my flight plan located and even after providing the path to p3d flight plan folder

its says ????to????

Wil get back to you on that next week.

Luckily this won't prevent you using the ATC feature.

They are all embedded in "Announce.dll" which gets updated with every release. Ray will pop-in in Ireland, while Jane will meet you in Switzerland or down under. Still looking for Oz ramp agents.

Until further notice, the same Demo package should be used by registered users too.

Thanks Gerald,

I was confusing "Mechanics" with Ramp Agents.

Ray and Jane will be the "Rampies" in my next video.

So if I fly from Dublin to Zurich, I should get Ray at Dublin and Jane at Zurich? B)

Best Regards

David

Thanks Gerald,

I was confusing "Mechanics" with Ramp Agents.

Ray and Jane will be the "Rampies" in my next video.

So if I fly from Dublin to Zurich, I should get Ray at Dublin and Jane at Zurich? B)

Best Regards

David

You should get "Ray" at Dublin or any airport whose ICAO ID starts with EI**

Since we don't handle GSX arrival right now (at least not the follow me bit), I don't expect Jane to be heard, unless you start a new flight from Zurich