Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

PMDG 777 deserves the new UK2000 EGLL scenery

My B777 looks fantastic taxiing around the new scenery. The detail is just FANTASTIC!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

My B777 looks fantastic taxiing around the new scenery. The detail is just FANTASTIC!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Didn't realise UK2000 released Version 3. I have version 2 and that looks fantastic, when I get a few more quid I'll look into upgrading (40% discount eh). After all, 90% of my flights use Heathrow. British Airways 744 :)

Just looking at the details and screenshots now.

I see they're implementing T2 - that'll be cool!

it is a little better on my system. VAS is pretty much the same.

I have 25-32 fps on ground and in the air with dense settings. FTX England UTII at 25% in the NGX and the T7.Roadtraffic at 11%.TML 2048.VAS circling London 27R up to 3.8 GB

Michael

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I also thought my 777 deserves the newly released EGLL.

A heavy traffic airport must be celebrated with a heavy aircraft.

For this purpose I even lowered my FSX settings to get a chance of reaching EGLL.

FSUIPC VAS warning started sounding a few minutes before landing.

I eventually got an OOM (first since a long time) while taxing to the apron.

Looks like for my PC the combination of PMDG and EGLL is too much.

But at least I saw part of the airport and I agree it looks gorgeous!

I also thought my 777 deserves the newly released EGLL.

A heavy traffic airport must be celebrated with a heavy aircraft.

For this purpose I even lowered my FSX settings to get a chance of reaching EGLL.

FSUIPC VAS warning started sounding a few minutes before landing.

I eventually got an OOM (first since a long time) while taxing to the apron.

Looks like for my PC the combination of PMDG and EGLL is too much.

But at least I saw part of the airport and I agree it looks gorgeous!

Yup im in the same boat - If you look at my specs you'd think FSX runs like a charm, but even I got to keep away from "heavy" airport such as EGLL :(

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I didn't know version 3 was out! It is amazing!!!!!

Richard what kind of power you got to run that? 

A secret to stopping or reducing OOMs is to stay inside the cockpit (PMDG 777) and not use the menu of FSX (use it before you select your 777). The minute you start Alt-Tab ing and viewing outside the a/c etc you will have OOMs.

Have been flying the PMDG 777 long haul constantly for the past few weeks without a single OOM, everything is maxed (except autogen) & all destinations use high end addon scenery.

All I have done is make sure no photo scenery exists anywhere in the sim, removed the exterior model since I fly VC 99% of time, and only have online traffic.  

Smooth as silk 11 hours from EGLL to VHHH and then RKSI without restarting the sim.

Also flown EDDF - OBBI -OMDB without restarting the sim.    I also offload ASN and bunch of other stuff to a networked laptop.

Gotta agree with Daniel, I bet some people are jumping around the exterior views all the time. Just fly the aircraft and enjoy the views from the flightdeck.

Rob Prest

Every slider in the sim maxed, is that clear enough for you?.....

Rob Prest

Have been flying the PMDG 777 long haul constantly for the past few weeks without a single OOM, everything is maxed (except autogen) & all destinations use high end addon scenery.

All I have done is make sure no photo scenery exists anywhere in the sim, removed the exterior model since I fly VC 99% of time, and only have online traffic.  

Smooth as silk 11 hours from EGLL to VHHH and then RKSI without restarting the sim.

Also flown EDDF - OBBI -OMDB without restarting the sim.    I also offload ASN and bunch of other stuff to a networked laptop.

Gotta agree with Daniel, I bet some people are jumping around the exterior views all the time. Just fly the aircraft and enjoy the views from the flightdeck.

Im an AI and Photoscenery nut, which is like junk food for FSX, that's why probably.... love the AI and realistic photoscenery. But it comes at a cost.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Im an AI and Photoscenery nut, which is like junk food for FSX,

I love that.  I think you've summed that up perfectly :-)  Well, that is, that's how I like to run my FSX, 'mostly junk food free' but have no argument or dispute with anyone who thinks differently :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)