Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

PMDG 777 deserves the new UK2000 EGLL scenery

how was the performance on the new uk2000 EGLL compare to the last version of it?

Coming from a generally "Low end spec user" - performance is fantastic compared to V2. Did a night takeoff in VC with low, cumulus overcast layer - averaged 18FPS where before it'd probably be near the region of 10. The runway lights aren't as over the top (still not really realistic) which helps performance too. 

Scenery is excellent and has a great price tag (even better if upgrading like myself!) HOWEVER - I will be getting and trying Aerosoft's next version. The building modelling and textures look nothing short of fantastic in the screenshots we've seen. Especially the glass stuff - T5 being my main "base", that's important to me personally. But V3 will hold me over  ^_^

The runway lights aren't as over the top (still not really realistic) which helps performance too.

Gary's lights look fantastic, and they are some of the best looking lights in FSX. I don't know what is unrealistic about them compared to any other products on the market :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I am not overly convinced by the texture work done to UK2000 products, how do you view it?

I am looking at your screenshots, and the aerial photograph used in the scenery is a better one than the last edition, still the texture work needs more improvement.

I would love to see my Heathrow updated, I am flying V2, but I think I want to wait for Aerosoft's version.

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I can't argue that Aerosoft's Heathrow looks very impressive, and the scenery seems to extend beyond the airport boundary. I do not have experience with Aerosoft's Mega Airport packages, so I do not know how the framerates would compare with lots of AI planes active. I guess I will know soon enough, because I am desperate to get hold of their new Dublin X!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

To be honest, it is not yet known when the Aerosoft's (SimWings) new version is going to be released. I don't think it will happen very soon.

In the meantime I didn't mind to pay a few euros for Gary's v3, especially for the very reasonable upgrade price (one of the cheapest quality addons I ever bought).

Heathrow is Europe's most important hub, and one of the largest airports to develop, and as such it is always worth buying for me.

So I will also get the Simwings version when released and use the one I like more.

No problem for me and lets me enjoy* one now instead of thinking which to buy eventually. :wink:

* A separate question is the performance but I don't think SimWings will make LHR significantly faster.

Agreed, this is a fantastic addition to my airports collection. I haven't tried it yet with the 777 as I have grounded that one until such a time as SP1 is released. But with the PMDG 737, UK2000 Heathrow is a delight.