Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

Re-Install FSX default textures for Orbx

Anyone know how to re-install the FSX default textures after you installed Orbx scenery?

Thanks to all who reply.

Bill

I'm not quite sure how you have the need to re-install FSX default textures after using ORBX scenery.  Did you go the ORBX FTX central page and reselect the default icon?

Unless you mean FTX Global, none of the default textures are affected.

If you do and you did not make a back up of the default textures, you may be struggling.

It depends on which ORBX  product(s) you have installed. I'd ask the question on the ORBX forum as there is already a lot of discussion there about how to do this.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

all I did is use fsx install disk (deluxe) and click repair mode, all done

forgot (delete all orbx files, bgl's ) sorry ;)

Edited by jbriales

Mslim,

I don't have a default Icon in FTX Central. Which bothers me. I got into this because I have trees in the taxi ways at the Dublin airport parking 101 using FTX Ireland in FSX and no trees in P3D v2. Orbx support suggested I uncheck all the sceneries in the FSX scenery library to see if that removes the trees. It does. So there is a conflict. But I have 78 entries above the FTX Ireland scenery. I thought the reason I had no default icon was because I had backed up the FSX default scenery in the C: root directory. It took up too much space. So I moved it to an external drive. But, I moved it back when there was no default icon.

Anybody follow this?

Bill 

So you have FTX Central but no default FSX icon?  Something is amiss but I don't know what.  The trees are probably the result of two identical airports being active and creating a conflict.  Have you tried Simple Airport Scanner? http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/simple-airport-scanner-1-2-4764.424557/

I once tried to move my default FSX scenery to an SSD with a junctionlink to make it look like it was on the root folder but it never worked well so I put the default back on the C drive.  I did successfully put all addon scenery on an SSD and linked it the FSX root folder with a junction link. http://www.rekenwonder.com/linkmagic.htm

I'm not a whiz at this computer tweaking but given my limited aptitude, I would move the default scenery back to the C drive (which you have apparently already done) then do a thorough uninstall of all Orbx scenery, get FSX running well with just the default (hopefully a complete reinstall will not be necessary) and then reinstall your ORBX scenery.

Offered FWIW,

Slim

Edited by mslim