Sign in to follow this  
serviceceiling

AI traffic on ND

Last week I installed a program called "### AI traffic 4.0" - it provides some high quality AI traffic and covers whole Europe. So far I'm very satisfied with this amazing freeware. However, having done a couple of flights in the NG I noticed that the AI traffic does not show up on the ND of the NGX. Is there any way to make the traffic show up on my ND just like in RL?

Any help is appreciated. 

Is TCAS on? Is TFC pushed? Are you within reasonable distance from another aircraft? All these conditions have to be met to see the traffic symbology on the ND.

Edited by willywonka

On FMC, go to PMDG Setup/Aircraft/Displays and on page 06 select "show all" under the "Other traffic". I hope this helps.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Nevermind guys, I figured it out - I indeed forgot to push TFC.  :P

The thing is that I never bothered using AI traffic in FSX untill now...good that I managed to set everything up now correctly. 

And by the way, now that we are discussing this particular topic, what do you guys recommend for the airline traffic density? Right now I have the bar set all the way to the right (100%) and the default fsx ATC is struggling with the separation so I'm seing way too many go-arounds. 

With ### AI Traffic I use only 20%. More than this the approach becomes a festival of go arounds.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

You can use a tool, called AI Smooth, to decrease the number of go arounds. But for me, with high level of ai traffic my FPS decreases considerably. So, 20% is a good value for me.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

I'm not a big fan of many tools running in the background. I'll just use 20% and see how it goes on my next couple flights. 

Edited by bogdanmisko