Sign in to follow this  
DarrianCZE

Certain elements are not working

Hello guys! 

First of all I would like to say that you are doing incredible job with DP.

Now... I have a little problem. My friend and I are trying to fly with PMDG with DP. Some basic elements are working. Like battery switch... or MCP. Let's say, that my friend as an FO will arm the Emergency Exit Lights. We are using the table for DP 1.4.3 which describes what can FO and what can CPT use. But when he will arm Emergency Exit lights... or let's say Fastern Seat Belt Switch... nothing happens.

So simply... few elements are not working, and due to documentation... they should.

When I will take a look into his and mine server log... there is indeed an communication pending between us... for example when using ground power.

Have anyone experienced this issue? 

Thanks!

Edited by DarrianCZE

Jan Podlipsky

I did notice that while the emergency lights are in the arm position without the cap closed causes some issues with the simulator.

Try arming the lights by closing the cap, that should solve your problem.

Michael Harders

I did notice that while the emergency lights are in the arm position without the cap closed causes some issues with the simulator.

Try arming the lights by closing the cap, that should solve your problem.

I am afraid that we were arming them just this way. And also other things in overhead panel were not working. For example Window Heat, or Fastern Seat Belt switch.

Jan Podlipsky

Run the DP Compatibility Tester.exe on both simulators and report back.

Michael Harders

Have both of you installed PMDG's SP1c and added EnableDataBroadcast = 1 to both 737NGX_Option.ini files?

Michael Harders

Yes we have :-) As I said... everything according to manual. That's why it's bothering me. Besides, we both own FS2Crew, so we need both these things in order to get FS2Crew working. (Don't worry, we are not dumb enough to use FS2Crew when in shared cockpit :D )

This is the reason why I am writing here. In normal situations I am able to solve these problems myself. But this is a mystery.

Jan Podlipsky

Okie dokie.

When you forwarded the ports did you forward them through your modem/router? Have you also checked if your firewalls are blocking it?

While Desk Pilot and FSX is running open resource monitor and click the 'Network' tab. Look for the NGX Desk Pilot(SERVER) v1.4.3 Free.exe under 'Processes with Network Activity' and tick the check box next to it.

Now scroll down to 'Listening Ports' and check the 'Firewall Status' it should say "Allowed, not restricted". Otherwise add a incoming firewall exception for the dp server and client on both pc's or disable the firewalls.

Michael Harders

Just to make sure port 60000 has been forwarded correctly to your pc. Download the PFPortCheck Program from http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

Put 60000 into "Port Number To Check" and change the protocol to "UDP" and press the "Check Me" button. Let me know if it reports a open or closed status.

Michael Harders

Hello. I am back again. I was finally able to test it again. So... little update. I have tried everything you have written here. I have tried PortCheck as well... and it's working.

But when I try to do something in the cockpit... my friend is not seeing any activity. In my role of captain... I tried Battery Switch or Left Course on MCP. I can see his activity... But he can't see mine.

Jan Podlipsky

What happens if you switch positions and you become the first officer instead?

If you guys are connecting to each other successfully, receiving the in game messages on both pc's and only one person is seeing the actions. It comes down to PMDG's service pack..

Are you and your friend absolutely sure SP1c is installed and EnableDataBroadcast=1 has been added to the 737NGX_Options.ini file on both pc's?

[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

It must be exactly the same as the lines above. Including [sDK]

Can you both browse to your "PMDG 737 NGX\" installation directory, open the "README_PMDG_737-800-900_NGX.txt" file and check the version. It should be version v1.00.3219.

Michael Harders

If I will switch to the First Officer, everything works fine. I will try it with some other friend.

But we are 100% sure that we have SP1c, and we have also following line in 737NGX_Options.ini

Jan Podlipsky

Hmmm..

If everything works fine when your'e running the client. It must be a networking issue related to a firewall or router.

Most firewalls will block incoming and allow outgoing by default. When you disabled the firewall was it a third party firewall like Symantec? or the default windows firewall?

Michael Harders

I know that I have tried to disable firewall and antivirus. I have tried also to disable it inside router. 

Jan Podlipsky