Sign in to follow this  
737727Nut

Want to Double your FPS and Free VAS!

Going on a Tip from another user over at the prepar3d forum I tried this and was BLOWN away by the results.  I deleted Nvidia Inspector from my PC, downloaded the latest driver from Nividia today and installed it.  Used the settings in the Nvidia GUI to enhance my P3D settings.  My FPS doubled and my free VAS after a 2 hour flight was doubled!!  Amazing find by that user!!!  I am running a very complex 737 and I get average  89FPS outside view and 45 in 3D cockpit with LOD and Tess settings maxed and 16x and 8x on the quality with FXAA on.  Looks and runs amazing! I'm giddy as a young kid on Christmas morning!!

Rob

Quite some people find magical solutions that fix all their problems, only to find out later that they didn't do anything at all. It's not that I don't believe you, but I'd recommend that you keep testing for a little while longer before you come to a conclusion.

You should give some more details on settings, so other people can try this. Also, which tools have been used for VAS monitoring? After 2h of flight, are you sure you free VAS vas doubled, and no used VAS? How much VAS you exactly have at take off, and how much on landing? 

I asked this becouse is very hard to belive, and is imposible for free VAS to increase during flight

Edited by B247NG

I asked this becouse is very hard to belive, and is imposible for free VAS to increase during flight

According to FSUIPC log it can increase, but not a lot. 

Don't let my few post scare you.  I am a long time veteran of Flight simming.  I would not post something like this unless it helped and I can back and prove it.

I fly almost everyday and I do allot of testing.

I use FSUIPC 024C offset to monitor 'Free' VAS.  

Before I was dropping to 300 to 500 free VAS after a 2-3hr flight in the the aftermarket 737 I am using.  It started at 1.2 to 1.4 on takeoff.  Again this is free VAS.   

FPS would average in the mid 20's

Search my username in here and raflyer over at Prepar3d forums to see all my specs on PC and settings. I've posted allot here lately as i'm trying to deceide whether to go P3D or X-plane.  (right now i'm leaning towards P3D)

After I did the changes,

Free VAS was 1.4 to 1.6G at start and 980 to 1.1 at end of 2hr flight

My Average FPS was as state din my first post.

I did not change any of the P3D settings between the before and after test.  Only the NI settings before and the Nvidia GUI after.

Guys, bottom line, it worked for me and my PC. Your mileage may vary.  It's worth a shot. 

Rob

You should give some more details on settings, so other people can try this. Also, which tools have been used for VAS monitoring? After 2h of flight, are you sure you free VAS vas doubled, and no used VAS? How much VAS you exactly have at take off, and how much on landing? 

I can confirm, after my change,  free VAS was going between 980 and 1.1G depending on views.  

Edited by 737727Nut

" I deleted Nvidia Inspector from my PC, downloaded the latest driver from Nividia today and installed it."

Every time I run the inspector it asks me if I want to download the new version .. if I am on an older version ...

"Search my username in here and Prepar3d forums to see all my specs on PC and settings."

Why not just post them here?

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

It's worth a shot.

We would all love to give it a shot if you tell is what it is...!!! (What's the point in posting two posts about an apparently great tip without sharing the tip...?!? :rolleyes: )

Hi Rob. Thanks for your finding! Can you please specify what settings you are using for P3D in the Nvidia GUI?

Yes I will as soon as my son lands.  After my 2 hour flight in usa, without rebooting, he took over and is on a flight from LFML to LOWI.  Free VAS was 1.0 at start  It is going from 880 to 920 now.  FPS inside complex 737 3D cockpit is 38fps avg  78 outside view.  I could never do this before as I always had to reboot to get free vas back..   Loving it!

Yes I will as soon as my son lands.  After my 2 hour flight in usa, without rebooting, he took over and is on a flight from LFML to LOWI.  Free VAS was 1.0 at start  It is going from 880 to 920 now.  FPS inside complex 737 3D cockpit is 38fps avg  78 outside view.  I could never do this before as I always had to reboot to get free vas back..   Loving it!

Thanks Rob. Looking forward to it :)

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

We would all love to give it a shot if you tell is what it is...!!! (What's the point in posting two posts about an apparently great tip without sharing the tip...?!? :rolleyes: )

I deleted Nvidia Inspector from my PC as I was using it on all 3 of my sims, FSX, P3D and Xplane 10.   I downloaded the latest driver for my Nvidia 660TI  334.89 drivers    So the change was you stop letting Inspector make the changes and use the default Nvidia GUI to enhance the application, in this case, P3D.   I don't know why but it worked.   Sorry, thought it was clear in my first post.  SOmetimes we don't type we are thinking  lol

I deleted Nvidia Inspector from my PC as I was using it on all 3 of my sims, FSX, P3D and Xplane 10.   I downloaded the latest driver for my Nvidia 660TI  334.89 drivers    So the change was you stop letting Inspector make the changes and use the default Nvidia GUI to enhance the application, in this case, P3D.   I don't know why but it worked.   Sorry, thought it was clear in my first post.  SOmetimes we don't type we are thinking  lol

I think many of us would like to know exactly what settings you changed in the default nvidia gui to enhance your performance??

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I have used Driver 334.89 since 2-18-14.

All is the same as with the previous driver 332.21... and I never got OOM yet and my FPS are the same using unlimited they move around.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

and use the default Nvidia GUI to enhance the application

And still no useful information... :blink: I do wonder though how your AA is right now because good performance is one thing, but having shimmering jaggies on screen all the time is another! So far I haven;t been able to get reasonable AA without using NI!

BTW It's not necessary to actually remove NI: as long as you don't use it to edit the P3D profile, it will do absolutly NOTHING to P3D. You can use the nVidia GUI even with NI on your PC. Anyway, I am looking forward to your settings, the quality of your AA and your settings in the sim (because if you have autogen at Sparse then I already know why you do get great performance and no OOMs! ^_^

Edited by J van E

Thanks Rob. Looking forward to it :)

I paused the flight and got the info you need.

In the default Nvidia GUI under manage 3D app settings

I have,

Anio filter = 16x

Antialias FXAA= on

Antialias Gamma correction= on

Antialias mode= enhance application

Antialias setting= 8xCSAA

transparancy=off

cuda=global

max pre rendering=global

multi display =single perf

power manage = performance