Sign in to follow this  
737727Nut

Want to Double your FPS and Free VAS!

I deleted Nvidia Inspector from my PC

Gotta love it. No one's EVER had problems with Nvidia Inspector, right? I remember reading people complaining that you can't turn the profile off; it's always in use no matter how you set it up.

It may be as simple as changing one of the settings NI makes, for those who can't live without it.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

And still no useful information... :blink: I do wonder though how your AA is right now because good performance is one thing, but having shimmering jaggies on screen all the time is another! So far I haven;t been able to get reasonable AA without using NI!

BTW It's not necessary to actually remove NI: as long as you don't use it to edit the P3D profile, it will do absolutly NOTHING to P3D. You can use the nVidia GUI even with NI on your PC. Anyway, I am looking forward to your settings, the quality of your AA and your settings in the sim (because if you have autogen at Sparse then I already know why you do get great performance and no OOMs! ^_^

Right click your desktop and select Nvidia control panel, then manage 3D settings. ;)

I HATE HATE HATE HATE jaggies!!  lol   It looks great with my settings I have    I was using Supercava64 4x12 in the inspector before to get a smooth look.  

I will try and take a pic and post it on here.

I paused the flight and got the info you need.

Thanks! What are your AA settings in the sim?

I agree with you Hook, I can't explain it but it I had to delete to get to stop interfering with the sim.  I have used NI for a loooonnng time so this is new to me as well.

Thanks! What are your AA settings in the sim?

Sorry about that,

FXAA= On

Msaa= 8x

Anio= 16x

Tex res= 4096x4096

Tessellation checked  

Mipmap VC and Wide view checked

My res is 1680x1050 on a 42" TV

Right now I have vsync UNchecked

Scenery

All shadows = off

LOD = Max

Tess= Ultra

mesh=10m

Tex res = 60cm

Scenery complexity = Dense

AG Veg = sparse

AG buildings = dense

Special effects = off

HDR lighting and landing lights on gnd both Checked

Weather 60mile and detailed

Traffic AI at 45% and AP density = Max

No other traffic on

Right now on flight number 2 Free VAS is still at 800 and FPS in 3D Cockpit 40fps avg.  :)

Also guys, the guy who posted this find said he did a complete reinstall of P3Dv2.1 after deleting Inspector.  I did not do that and still got great results.  Some of you may have to do that.  Also, my PC is a flightsim only PC built by myself.  It only has 40 processes running when I start P3D on Win7 64bit system.

Rob

Edited by 737727Nut

Glad it worked for you. I just did a flight with new driver, no NI. all default settings in V2 and QW757 KRIC to KDEN, got maybe 1.5hr into flight and VAS degraded as quickly as ever to OOM status. Perhaps its the "magical" 737?

I had stutters and DPC latency in DX9 mode prior to deleting FSX profile in Nvidia Inspector. No more stutters and much lower DPC latency after creating new profile in nVi. So in one hand I kinda believe in this story, FSX or P3D2, doesn't matter.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Glad it worked for you. I just did a flight with new driver, no NI. all default settings in V2 and QW757 KRIC to KDEN, got maybe 1.5hr into flight and VAS degraded as quickly as ever to OOM status. Perhaps its the "magical" 737?

We just landed in LOWI, free VAS is at 690780 after 2 back to back flights with the above listed settings.   Gotta be something somewhere you are missing.  Wish I knew!!  Sorry.

Rob

AG Veg = sparse

LOL What I said:

because if you have autogen at Sparse then I already know why you do get great performance and no OOMs!

No wonder you don't have OOMs and good performance. I tried your settings but the AA was awful (the VC of my A2A C172 was a shimmering mess) and I had an OOM within 5 minutes (but that was because I tested this with high autogen settings). Adaptive 1/2 refresh didn't do anything either. Anyway, glad it worked for you but removing NI and only using the nVidia GUI is no solution and also no option for me. Besides, there is no difference between changing those settings using the nVidia GUI or NI because NI is just another interface to the exact same profiles.

Thanks for all the information, though: much appreciated and hopefully others will benefit from it!

Edited by J van E

Has anybody tried the SSAA=x line in the Prepar3D configuration file? Apparently it provides SSAA, which negates the need for NVIDIA Inspector.

Has anybody tried the SSAA=x line in the Prepar3D configuration file? Apparently it provides SSAA, which negates the need for NVIDIA Inspector.

I'll try it later tonight and report back.

To J van E,

as I stated, your mileage may vary, also 2 of the 3 sliders in autogen where on MAX.... I'll move the veggy up and test again but at 30Kft + i don't need it. ;)

Amazing find by that user!!! I am running a very complex 737 and I get average 89FPS outside view

I would love a complex 737 for P3Dv2, what 737 are you using ?

Actually i have had strange behavior caused by Radeonpro, like the taskbar showing transparant at the bottom of the screen after using the Alt button to show the menu.

And that together with a switchable blurryness on the cockpit textures by pressing the "+" on the NumPad eventho that button wasnt mapped by anything in Radeonpro.

After getting radeonpro turned off for the program all problems were gone.

(trying all settings in Rad-pro independently to find which setting caused it didnt do/find anything)

So maybe P3D has issues with GPU-windowplugins that push themselves in the middle of the rendering chain ???

Best thing might be using registry to edit/run settings only and have all config progs killed from the taskmanager. (Including CCC for AMD) 

(btw some of these config progs use low level drivers which might be responsible for the issues, which need a deinstall to get rid of)

Also something that might be a player is the fact that P3D does not use a true fu screen mode like FSX.  It is a modified windowed mode from what I understand.

My experience was similar to Jeroen's. AA was awful. Using 334 driver. Went back to my NVI settings. Thanx for posting tho, Rob. You never know what will and won't work.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I quite liked your settings, Rob. My p3d2 is running quite smooth and crisp. I didnt have too big of a problem with VAS to begin with (modest veg settings), now it is even better :)

Im running on a gtx690 with the latest drivers btw.

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78