Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Manfred John's C47 v2

No, nothing extra is needed.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

No, nothing extra is needed.

Thanks for confirming.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Do I need to copy any DC3 files or folders etc from FSX to get it working in P3D?

The basic download package uses sounds aliased from the FSX default DC-3, so if you wanted to use those, you'd have to copy over the DC-3 sounds and make sure the aircraft.cfg points to them.  But as noted, if you use the TuFun soundpack - which you'll almost certainly want to do - then that's not an issue.

The basic download package uses sounds aliased from the FSX default DC-3, so if you wanted to use those, you'd have to copy over the DC-3 sounds and make sure the aircraft.cfg points to them.  But as noted, if you use the TuFun soundpack - which you'll almost certainly want to do - then that's not an issue.

Yep, got it started and no sound so I just copied the DC3 sounds from FSX.

After all is ok I will switch to the TuFun sounds .. thanks for the reply.

Best Regards,

Ok,

Got it up on a departure (with the new great sound pack!) and FSUIPC set-up (axes/buttons etc) but  ... the port engine got a little hot.

Now, I will now do some reading!

C47-Port-Eng-Prob_zps2448a259.jpg

Best Regards,

Now, I will now do some reading!

In a word - cowl flaps.

There's no cowl flaps switch in the current VC, so you've got to use control-shift-V to open them and control-shift-C to close them.  Four presses each way from full open to full close.  I'm sure Jan Visser's new VC, when it gets here, will have cowl flap controls but right now, that's the solution.

If you open the shift-1 panel and click through to page 2, you'll get a wealth of data about engine performance.  You can also hover your mouse above some of the data lines to get tips about, say, why your engines won't start.

Enjoy her!

Am I the only one who finds TuFun's cockpit engine sounds too loud?  I was able to fix it with some editing of sound.cfg and highly recommend the sound pack.

Cowl flaps:  If you middle click on "cht" on the engine panel, you get other options, one of which is to set the cowl flaps.  Most of the entries have alternate displays when you middle click on them.

The most useful thing I've read is that if you hover over the "start" values (typically "OFF"), you get the reasons why your engine didn't start.  Control-E doesn't always work.  For example, I was at an airport about 3000 feet elevation and couldn't get the left engine started no matter what I did.  Control-E didn't work.  Turns out the mixture was too rich and control-e always set it to max.  Use the auto-rich setting instead.  Since then I haven't had any staring problems.

Great aircraft, even with the modern panel.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Am I the only one who finds TuFun's cockpit engine sounds too loud? 

Well, it's definitely not a headphone experience  B)...  

The only thing I've noticed about the TuFun sounds is it's a bit hard to hear the gear come up.  Unless... I'm trying to remember now... does the gear sound need to be swapped in from elsewhere?  If anybody remembers, please advise.

Cowl flaps:  If you middle click on "cht" on the engine panel, you get other options, one of which is to set the cowl flaps. 

Hadn't known that.  Looks like I've got more studying to do...

The gear sounds are good, but not very loud.  They're drowned out by the engine sound under full power.  A quick-and-dirty fix for the engine volume is to set the "engine" volume in the main program down from 50 to 15, but that makes the external engine sounds too low. 

Hook

Larry Hookins

The gear sounds are good, but not very loud. 

You beat me to it - I checked the folder (which I should have done in the first place) and found them there.

If I was up to it, I might try tweaking the .wav files.  

On the other hand, gear sounds are transient, while loud radials last the whole flight.  

I guess I'm figuring out where my priorities are...  :wink:

I've edited .wav files, but the fix for me in this case was editing the sound.cfg file to lower the internal engine sounds.  Mostly it was adding:

maximum_volume=8450 // LDH

at the bottom of the entries for the internal engine sounds, including startup.  ("LDH" is my initials, so I can find all my changes with a quick search)

Shutdown volume needs to be 9100 to match the other sounds.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Thanks - I'll try those tweaks and see if maybe they mitigate my virtual hearing loss...

Very nice ride, sounds and textures in this C47 for FSX and P3Dv2.

Up until now I have only enjoyed the MAAM SIM C47 in FS9 ... also a nice ride.

A note for pilots who use EZdok .. EZdok must be in a "not Active" state to use the Center Mouse Click e.g. on CHT to see cowl %.

Question. Is cowl flap % open/close supposed to be selectable using the mouse on CHT in the SHFT + 3 panel?

Best Regards,

Question. Is cowl flap % open/close supposed to be selectable using the mouse on CHT in the SHFT + 3 panel?

If I understand your question, yes.  I thought I mentioned it above.  Rotate the mouse wheel to change the cowl flap percent.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Lots of good tips here, thanks for sharing.  This one's an awesome job for sure; can't wait until we get the vintage VC for it as it looks to be a work of art as well.

I should get back into flying this - would give me the motivation to finish the couple of repaints I'd started for it! :lol:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.