Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Manfred John's C47 v2

I installed the Silver Cloud .. looks great.

New radials look great also.

Is it possible to cut/ paste the radial from Silver Cloud to the other aircraft in the Base Pack (like Piedmont)?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Really a great aircraft. Thumbs-up for all the persons involved.

I have a question about the fuel system. There is 4 tanks in the weight and balance user interface of P3D but 6 tanks in the plane. I made some test and was able to transfer fuel from the inboard LH and RH tanks to the main tanks without problem but the two auxiliary tanks on the wings stay empty of course. Is there way to use those wing tanks also?

I also have question about the cowl system. Is there any place in the VC where we can control the position of the Cowl or it has to be done using Shift 3 panel or using a linda lua module or fsuipc lua programming?

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Really a great aircraft. Thumbs-up for all the persons involved.

I have a question about the fuel system. There is 4 tanks in the weight and balance user interface of P3D but 6 tanks in the plane. I made some test and was able to transfer fuel from the inboard LH and RH tanks to the main tanks without problem but the two auxiliary tanks on the wings stay empty of course. Is there way to use those wing tanks also?

I also have question about the cowl system. Is there any place in the VC where we can control the position of the Cowl or it has to be done using Shift 3 panel or using a linda lua module or fsuipc lua programming?

Yes, they truly did a great job ......!! It is nice in FSX and P3D ...

Here is the forums link: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forum.php

Wing tanks not modeled as far as I know.

And, I have heard ....next VC update may have the cowl flaps levers.

.. for now I use the Keyboard keys ,,,, and the SHFT 3.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

ok thank Vaughan, I have a look at the forum and stop trying to use the wing aux...

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Hey,

Got a quick question about this plane...the sound package says V3, but the DC-3 is only V2 release.  Is that a typo or soundpack v3.

Nevermind, Looks like it is soundpackage v.3, I figured it out by reading this entire thread

Thanks,

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hi everyone, don't know if this has been discussed or not but the thing is that I have a problem with the auto-pilot in the new C-47 V3.12 Beta, the plane does not follow the HDG it just starts going left and right all the time and no matter what I do, it does not stop.

What can I do? anybody has a clue?

Thanks in advance.

Jorge - which autopilot are you trying to use?  The old Sperry one in the panel doesn't work - it may get implemented in future but right now hasn't been coded.  That's why it has the big "INOP" sticker (meaning "inoperative").  The only autopilot available at the moment is in the Shift+4 monitor panel.  Although I'm a small player in the beta test group, I haven't actually used the autopilot - for me, the airplane is a hand-flyer.  So if that's the one that's causing you problems, I won't be much help to you.  What you might want to do is post your question over at the FSX forum on Sim Outhouse.  There's a big community there that flies Manfred's C-47 and you'll probably find someone there who can get you going.  Sorry I can't offer more guidance here.  

Thank you for your answer  Alan_A, that is the one I am using, the one in monitor panel, the only problem is the HDG, the plane does not follow it, it starts going from let to right with no control, I tried to post something in the forum at SimOuthouse but looks like my account does not allow me to post or reply anything.

Greetings from Colombia, South America

If this is you, then your account at Sim Outhouse is up and running now - probably there's a delay for new members. 

I have to do some testing today or tomorrow, so I'll try to look at the autopilot for you.  But Sim Outhouse might still get you a faster (and better) response. Let's see if we can figure this out...

Has anyone got this working in P3dv3.4...Latest?

I came across a video recently that was truly amazing! If this is "Freeware" with included interactive virtual checklists, then we are entering a new phase in flight simulation!

Cheers

David

Has anyone got this working in P3dv3.4...Latest?

Yes, it works fine. This is the best freeware plane I've ever seen.

Peter

Just installed it yesterday into 3.4 (plus the buffalo livery), what a blast and challenge!

Note I'm referring to the latest version 3 not v2 that this thread refers to.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yes, it works fine. This is the best freeware plane I've ever seen.

Peter

Thanks, it looks jaw dropping! No wonder PMDG gave up developing this one, they can't compete on price!!;)

Just installed it yesterday into 3.4 (plus the buffalo livery), what a blast and challenge!

Note I'm referring to the latest version 3 not v2 that this thread refers to.

Thanks. It looks like a Cristmas present to myself! One that "she who must be obeyed" can't moan about how much it costs!

Cheers!

David.

I am late to this thread, but just bought this plane, and yes it is great! However, I am having two problems and maybe someone will have some advice.  The first is minor: the checklist goes so fast I can't keep up with it. Is there anyway to slow it or pause it? I have found a paper checklist for the actual plane and am using it as an alternate.

The second problem is that I am not able to start the engines manually. If I do CTRL-E they will start. But when I do it manually, going through every step of the checklist,  everything seems to work, including the props turn when I hit the start button,but the engines do not fire and do no start. I saw there was discussion much earlier in this thread about the engines not starting, but it was not the same problem then as the engines wouldn't start with CTRL-E or manually.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

just bought this plane

I hope you didn't buy it.  Since its free!  

Talking about v3 or v2?  they are very different. 

the voice checklist will not proceed unless you performed the command or if said item is in its correct position. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png