Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Manfred John's C47 v2

I read that this aircraft works in P3D V2.1.  Can someone please tell me where I can get it?

Thanks a lot,

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I got my hands on this aircraft last week and have not stopped flying her. It's beautiful, far better IMO than any other offering, including JF's DC3. The VC is great and with a revised HD VC in the pipeline , it's a very exciting time for those of us who love to fly iconic old aircraft.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Make sure you also download TuFun's soundpack: http://www.sim-outho...15&linkid=17612.  Two reasons - 1) it's much better than default, and 2), the default aliases sounds from the default DC-3, so if you want to use default sounds, you'll have to copy the DC-3 sound folder from FSX over to P3D.  But as I said, that's a clear second choice.  The TuFun soundpack is way, way better.

Also pick up the Texture Basepack: http://www.sim-outho...=3&linkid=17613

And you might be interested in the paintkit: http://www.sim-outho...=3&linkid=17614

Finally, visit OZX for some really good repaints, especially those by Jankees (Jan Kees Blom).  

And finally, if you're interested in seeing the (work-in-progress, not-yet-available) VC by Jan Visser (of MAAMsim fame), have a look here.  

Yes, the best gets better.

And re: its being the best... Rockliffe is absolutely right - the Manfred Jahn C-47 is one of the best experiences in FSX/P3D - that includes payware as well as freeware.  

Thanks guys. I am downloading now and can't wait to try it.

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I Love It.  My first airplane ride was on an American Airlines DC3 in 1953, from Midway airport in Chicago to Syracuse, NY.  They had to pull me off the plane when we arrived.

I put in a Mini Panel, in the 2D cockpit as I like that view when landing.  I made the default Cessna GPS GPS into a pop up gauge, but I was wondering if it is possible to make the included 530 GPS into a pop up gauge?  I find it really hard to see & set the radios!

If anyone would like I would be happy to post my panel.cfg file.

Thanks a lot,

Howard

Edited by HowardB

Howard

I Love It.  My first airplane ride was on an American Airlines DC3 in 1953, from Midway airport in Chicago to Syracuse, NY.  They had to pull me off the plane when we arrived.

I put in a Mini Panel, in the 2D cockpit as I like that view when landing.  I made the default Cessna GPS GPS into a pop up gauge, but I was wondering if it is possible to make the included 530 GPS into a pop up gauge?  I find it really hard to see & set the radios!

If anyone would like I would be happy to post my panel.cfg file.

Thanks a lot,

Howard

Hi Howard, I'd be interested in your panel cfg. cheers...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

I got my hands on this aircraft last week and have not stopped flying her. It's beautiful, far better IMO than any other offering, including JF's DC3. The VC is great and with a revised HD VC in the pipeline , it's a very exciting time for those of us who love to fly iconic old aircraft.

Hi Howard,

Do you use this aircraft in P3D V2? I only fly with the default aircraft and the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended because I am afraid of non compliant add-ons negativly influencing the stability P3D 2.1.

Please confirm! Thanks!

happy landings!

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

I am trying to copy & paste my panel.cfg file but I can't find a way to do it on the Avsim forum.  I would appreciate any help with this.

Yes, I am flying this aircraft in P3D v2.1, and it is perfect.  No problems at all.  I am using the American Airlines paint and the upgraded sound file, and I love it.

Howard

Do you use this aircraft in P3D V2? I only fly with the default aircraft and the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended because I am afraid of non compliant add-ons negativly influencing the stability P3D 2.1.

Works perfectly for me in P3D 2.1.  The install is fully manual - you copy files and/or folders into Sim Objects, Effects, and Sound.  The TuFun soundpack requires that you copy that folder into the Sim Objects folder, then point the flightsim entries in the aircraft.cfg to it.  Finally, if you want to use the high-res bumpmap textures, you copy those into three of the texture folders and rename the originals.  There's no installer, therefore no files being stuck where you can't find them or where there'll cause problems.  There are a few steps involved but if you follow them, it's a nice clean process.  

The C-47 is one of my two or three go-to's in P3D 2.

Hope this helps.

Awesome aircraft, and the fact that its free is remarkable.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

A wonderful airplane. I was short on flight time (for flight pay) in 1960 at March AFB and was  going on leave, So I teamed up with a couple of pilots at Base ops and we spent an entire afternoon doing touch and gos at some little field in Imperial Valley.

Nice airplane but a bit cramped in the cockpit. Oh...did I mention just how hot Imperial Valley gets in July?

Only time I ever flew one even though there always seemed to be one or two on every Air Base for those not assigned flying duties.

Here is a pic of Manfried's DC-3 running into ASN weather south of Anchorage

AlaskaPIrain.jpg

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hi Howard,

Please confirm! Thanks!

happy landings!

Nope, I fly in FSX Doc...

Howard

Thanks, Howard! I think I will give it a try in P3D.

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

I am trying to copy & paste my panel.cfg file but I can't find a way to do it on the Avsim forum.  I would appreciate any help with this.

Yes, I am flying this aircraft in P3D v2.1, and it is perfect.  No problems at all.  I am using the American Airlines paint and the upgraded sound file, and I love it.

I would like to try this in P3D.

Do I need to copy any DC3 files or folders etc from FSX to get it working in P3D?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW