Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tester123

FS9 refusing to exit

Hello all,Sorry if this has been asked before, and I know it has, but I was not able to find anything solid by searching the forum.The problem is simply that after I shut down the sim, FS9.exe remains hanging in the background eating memory, and effectively prevents programs like FSAutostart from restarting the services it has stopped. I need to manually kill the exe via the task manager every time.This was something that just started, I can't connect it to any addition of hardware or software.

Guest Charlie Hall

I had this happen a few times. It seemed to be because there was too much going on in the sim, causing a kind of overload. I would suggest checking any add ons that would be running all the time.

Guest nutmeat

I've had this happen when the "previous Flight" and .WX files have been corrupted. Seems like FS is unable to update them and close out so it hangs. The fix is to merely erase the Previous Flight.FLT and .WX files, located in your Flight Simulator Folder in your My Documents Folder. These files will be rebuilt the next time you exit the sim.Hope this solves the problem for you.Larry S.

Thanks Larry, I tried that but it didn't solve the problem. I guess this is one of those FS9 things that just arise after a while when the sim gets "corrupted" by itself.Charlie: The problem is always there regardless of which plane I fly, default Cessna of F1 ATR.Off to start mutilating the FS9.cfg then..

Guest Tester123

Hi,I think you are running Active Camera 2004?If you are you will need to get the latest dll from the anticyclone website.I had the same problem for ages, until I got the fix from there.If you are not running AC then sorry about that :)BTW admins, not trying to cause trouble (I am banned) I just wanted to help this user out. No more posts from me and feel free to ban this user too.

Same problem for me started, after I installed Norton Anti-virus. I also use FSAutoStart to kill programs too, by the way.