Sign in to follow this  
NAVRAD

SimConnect! need some serious help.

Hello all

Following my recent migration to FSX, I am trying to re-connect ASE on an  XP client machine, FSX being installed on the W7 server machine. I have never had so many problems

trying to connect a programme. However I am where I am and I would like very much if someone could help.

I have been in contact with HI-Fi regarding this but the network configuration is beyond their scope of assistance.

I have the Deluxe version of FSX. I have installed a.msi file on to the client machine. I have a the SimConnect file in the FlightSimulatorFilesX folder. I cannot find the SimConnect.ini file anywhere.

Looking at www.fsinsider site there is a mention of the file but can't seem to find it to download. Similar issue with the SDK SP1A.

If I ever do find these files I don't know what to do with them, I have no understanding what they do even after reading about them, (seems quite technical to me) so I'm at a loss. I've been at this for over 4 weeks without success.

The PCs are seeing each and I have other programmes that are connecting from the client machine.

So ultimately I'm asking for some serious help before I lose my mind!

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.  Step by step instructions are best for me-certainly regarding this issue.

Kind regards

Alan W

ASE provides you with sample files and the ASE manual has a whole chapter on how to do this.

There will be 3 SDKs to download and use on the client computer.

You also need to run the 3 simconnect.msi files on the client computer.

Hi RWFeldman

It's not the ASE instructions that are the issue it's SimConnect that's causing the problem. Thanks mjrhealth I'll have a look.

Regards

to you both

AlanW

Hi Jim

Sorry didn't see your post earlier. Thanks for your input.

I'm going to do a bit more reading!

Cheers

AlanW