Sign in to follow this  
troytd

best Prepar3d weather injector

What weather engine do you guys think will be best to go along with Rex textures? I believe the best are opusfsx and active sky next...

dont think ASN works in P3D2.1 yet. I would be keen to look at it. Personally, in fsx, I enjoyed FS Global Real Weather. It was a late entrant, very small program, simple to use. no popping clouds, no wind shifts, amazing performance.

There are a number of weather injectors on the horizon (so to speak) for P3d 2.1. ASN for P3d 2.1 has been in beta testing for a while now.  I have ASN for FSX and it truly shines. Pilot's FSGRW has not released build 18 which is the only build that is compatible with P3d 2.1.  There is not a REX 4 weather engine as of yet.

Of what's available now, OPUSFSX is far and away the best. Combine it with the REX 4 textures and you got realistic, beautiful and challenging weather. With the volumetric fog in P3d 2.1, no other sim even comes close

dont think ASN works in P3D2.1 yet. I would be keen to look at it. Personally, in fsx, I enjoyed FS Global Real Weather. It was a late entrant, very small program, simple to use. no popping clouds, no wind shifts, amazing performance.

Yes, could not agree more FS Global Real Weather, will be out shortly for P3D2.1, works great in FSX and P3D1.4 and soon to be released for 2.1 and X-plane!

+1

FSG should be released any day now. They posted on Facebook over a week ago that it was in final testing.

There are a number of weather injectors on the horizon (so to speak) for P3d 2.1. ASN for P3d 2.1 has been in beta testing for a while now.  I have ASN for FSX and it truly shines. Pilot's FSGRW has not released build 18 which is the only build that is compatible with P3d 2.1.  There is not a REX 4 weather engine as of yet.

Of what's available now, OPUSFSX is far and away the best. Combine it with the REX 4 textures and you got realistic, beautiful and challenging weather. With the volumetric fog in P3d 2.1, no other sim even comes close

I also like the dynamic head movements with OPUS. 

My only problem with OPUS is I get windshifts at high altitudes (i fly tubeliners here), and the occasional weather pop-ins. 

Real killer when the pop ins occur because by altitude suddenly changes and the autopilot goes all crazy. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

ASN will be updated soon with P3D support. Once that happens, it will be the best weather injector. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

It's early yet for any title to claim "best of".... But I'm loving Opus at the moment :-) If something better comes along, it would only make for a better experience.

ASN will be updated soon with P3D support. Once that happens, it will be the best weather injector.