Sign in to follow this  
Air1

Finally got one that I missed.

When I checked today Ooiki falls popped up as not collected. Count is now 344. I of course, had some screen shots to post put now find that there has been another change.

I was very happy with the way I have been doing it here through Avsim for years, bing, bang, done. Now I have to look into this further. What works good?

Steve

I use Photobucket, Steve.  There is a slight learning curve in how to post pics to a site from there but once you do it a couple of times, it's not too bad.

As for the cache, I got this one April 2 of last year.  Keep it up and you'll have them all eventually.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I like to use Imgur. Simple to upload (either drag and drop, or use a file picker dialog), and it gives you BBCode links to paste in a forum message. Just be sure to resize and convert your screenshots beforehand (the BMP files Flight saves are pretty big).

Edited by Orion

I have always used IrfanView to convert the huge BMP files to jpeg and reduce the size to a more  manageable 800x600 image before posting.

Not happy with the new policy. Guess I will have to look at some of the options.

Steve

Edited by Air1

I have always used IrfanView to convert the huge BMP files to jpeg and reduce the size to a more  manageable 800x600 image before posting.

Not happy with the new policy. Guess I will have to look at some of the options.

Steve

Hey Steve

I always convert my BMP to jpeg;   I use Paint to do it. Just right click on your BMP picture, (select) Open with >Paint, click on the dark blue button just below the save option, (select) Save as>JPEG Picture (select) Save, then just Delete the BMP picture. Hope this is helpful to you, I’m running Win.7 64bit.

Edited by jpc55

If you check the new image posting rules, I think it says that AVSIM will resize any image to its' largest allowable size if you insert it in a post. This will eliminate the need to resize before posting the link in your post.

Per Tom's post in the Hanger Chat forum -

"•We will put no size limit on the user's image, but the system will automatically scale it down to fit the width of the viewer’s screen forum rendition (in other words, the image will be pared down to fit within the forum view of the message where the image appears). Clicking on the image will display the full size image hosted by the posting member."

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

That I understand Rick. But I still have to look at how I will post new pics since they will no longer be hosted by AVSIM. But I will get there eventually. Just don't have time to mess with it right now.

Steve

Do the images actually get downsampled, or are they just scaled in browser? I'd be more concerned about file size rather than resolution.