Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Commodore 893 Xpfr

Hi Pilots.

I have a problem and don't know if it is related to XPX or the MS 893.  Firstly its a joy to fly this aircraft. But my issue is above a 100-120 kts , once trimmed (though I can never trim in a FS very difficult for me) and if I leave the controls she will start banking left and even using ailerons or rudder trim does not make her right.  Is this the way she is supposed to fly ?  is it due to the prop wash ?  

The other thing is the rudder is very sensitive.

All help appreciated.

Edited by ironmaiden

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I have a problem and don't know if it is related to XPX or the MS 893.  Firstly its a joy to fly this aircraft. But my issue is above a 100-120 kts , once trimmed (though I can never trim in a FS very difficult for me) and if I leave the controls she will start banking left and even using ailerons or rudder trim does not make her right.  Is this the way she is supposed to fly ?  is it due to the prop wash ? 

X-Plane flight model has a known bug in which the roll due to engine torque in prop aircrafts is much higher than it should be.

However, nonethless this bug, I tried the aircraft you mention and I can trim out the left banking tendency even at high speeds. So I don't know why you can't? Are you sure the rudder and aileron trims are actually moving?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

X-Plane flight model has a known bug in which the roll due to engine torque in prop aircrafts is much higher than it should be.

However, nonethless this bug, I tried the aircraft you mention and I can trim out the left banking tendency even at high speeds. So I don't know why you can't? Are you sure the rudder and aileron trims are actually moving?

HIya Murmur,

Thanks for the reply, well I don't know about the rudder and aileron trims I haven't check that, it also happens in the C172 Xppl version. I have set my gamepad buttons for Aileron and rudder trim center. But let me check in a few and will report back. today is flying day :) 

BTW can't I reduce the torque ? 

Hey how do I check the movement of the trims ? 

I set rudder left/ right and Aileron left / trims on the gamepad, feels better. Will do some more flights and check. 

Edited by ironmaiden

HIya Murmur,

Thanks for the reply, well I don't know about the rudder and aileron trims I haven't check that, it also happens in the C172 Xppl version. I have set my gamepad buttons for Aileron and rudder trim center. But let me check in a few and will report back. today is flying day :) 

Ha! There's the problem. :smile: The "trim center" buttons, simply cancel the respective trims (setting them to zero). You need to assign some buttons (or keystrokes) to "left aileron trim", "right aileron trim", "left rudder trim" and "right rudder trim". This way you can trim out the banking tendency.

BTW can't I reduce the torque ?

There are a couple of methods, but they involve modifying the aircraft in Plane Maker (using artificial stability) or modifying an internal variable of X-Plane. This latter method is explained here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=69706

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Ha! There's the problem. :smile: The "trim center" buttons, simply cancel the respective trims (setting them to zero). You need to assign some buttons (or keystrokes) to "left aileron trim", "right aileron trim", "left rudder trim" and "right rudder trim". This way you can trim out the banking tendency.

LOL ya, I set the trim buttons and she is flying well.

Thnx Murmur.

This bird is a pure joy. we all love the jet engine sounds but sometimes you just want those props.