Sign in to follow this  
djp122

Carenado Mooney M20J loses power after 5 mins from starting the engine (FS9)

Hey Guys,

I am having problems with my Mooney and can't figure it out. So once I start my a/c after setting up my radios and getting ready to takeoff. My Mooney loses all power to the radios and gauges. I have looked all over google with no avail. My setup is FSInn, REX, and Carenado Mooney M20J. Is my battery just dying or am I not doing something I am suppose to be doing?

Thanks in advance

FS9 has a battery which is prone to going flat awfully fast.  Not as fast as you're experiencing I wouldn't think.

Nevertheless the free version of FSUIPC module has a selection to extend battery life, even indefinitely.  If you already have FSUIPC access it from the Modules section of the FS9 Menu Bar. Otherwise Google is your friend.

That's bizarre.  It happens after the engine is running?  Is the ammeter indicating a positive charge when the engine is running and the radios are on?  I just did a quick flight in mine and I couldn't reproduce that behavior.

alternators (generators)on,after startup?if not then dead duck status is assured.

socks.

Alternator/generator ...... Yes, be sure to turn it on when you hit the master and your batteries will keep going more than 5 mins

This will fix your problem for sure

Cheers

Romflyer

Except that the Carenado M20J doesn't have an alternator switch.  It only has the single master switch.  :smile:

The only other thing I can think of is that it could be a licensing issue.  You might want to check with Carenado's support.  I'll move this to the Carenado forum.  Maybe someone there has an idea.

Cheers,

Jeff

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The FS2004 (FS9) Forum" to "The UNOFFICIAL Carenado Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

the free version of FSUIPC module has a selection to extend battery life, even indefinitely.

Sorry, registered version required for that option.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

registered version required for that option.

I stand corrected Joe.   :rolleyes:  

It's been nine years since I paid for 'my' FSUIPC and whilst I'm 'getting on' I honestly thought Mr. Dowson had given that freebie to the community.

Except that the Carenado M20J doesn't have an alternator switch.  It only has the single master switch.  :smile:

The only other thing I can think of is that it could be a licensing issue.  You might want to check with Carenado's support.  I'll move this to the Carenado forum.  Maybe someone there has an idea.

Cheers,

Jeff

Interesting.....I never noticed it not having an alternator switch.

My suggestion to the OP would be to try and turn on the alternator using  a keystroke instead of within the VC.....go into button assignments and check which button is used to toggle the alternator/generator and then go fly the plane, when the electrical starts to fade then press the correct keystroke and things should come back to life......if that doesnt work then hopefully someone else has a good idea.

Good luck

Cheers

Romflyer

Might work if you start with an FSX default plane, the switch to the Carenado Mooney.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere