Sign in to follow this  
Tyoi

737NGX - FSBUILD2 and missing waypoints

Hey there, I'm yet another virtual pilot having a problem with inserting SID's, Stars and waypoints in the FMC. 

I used FSBuild to create a flightplan from EGLL to EHAM (EGLL..BPK.UR123.CLN..UL620..REDFA..EHAM) and exported it to FSX and the 737NGX. Both the game and the the plane accept the route without any problem (using flight planner in FSX and co route in the FMC), However for the sake of realism I want to insert the route into the FMC myself. 

Now I hit my problem: When I load the co route in the FMC it gives me the following route:

VIA          TO

DIRECT   BPK

UR123     CLN

UL620     REDFA

DIRECT   RW36L

When I try to copy this result and put in the second waypoint line in RTE (page 2), UR123 in the VIA box on 2L the FMC gives the error 'INVALID ENTRY'. 

Why?

I allready updated the navdata using navigraphs latest cycle and their program 'Navigraph FMS Data Manager". Why does the FMC accept the route from FSbuild but not from me?

Uhm, yeah. According to the Navigraph FMS Data Manager i've updated both the 737NGX and FSBuild to 1402 rev 2.

When I try to copy this result and put in the second waypoint line in RTE (page 2), UR123 in the VIA box on 2L the FMC gives the error 'INVALID ENTRY'.

Why?

FSX only truly pays attention to the individual points, if I'm not mistaken.  I believe COROUTE will drop airways if there's some error in the routing, too, and just accept the TO points.  I'd imagine if you were to pull in the COROUTE and then look at the LEGS page, you'd find BPK and CLN immediately following.

My route software does not show BPK to CLN via UR123 as valid routing, so...uhm...I don't know what to tell ya other than FSBUILD is incorrectly routing you.

Kyle Rodgers

UR123 doesn't exist in the 1402 AIRAC... for FSBuild or for the PMDG aircraft.  That's why your route won't enter.  Take a look at your cycle number in FSBuild and make sure it shows 1402 and that you have rebuilt the map database.

DJ

Is this a FSBuild self-generated route?

A correct route (taken from vatroute.net) sholud be BPK Q295 CLN L620 REDFA. Have you tried it?