Sign in to follow this  
Mephic

Accusim style aircrafts

A2A Cessna 172 with accusim is my ultimate plane now. I didn't expect it but finally I got a feeling of really OWNING a plane. 

So my question is - are there any other accusim style planes on the market? I am interested in civilian aircrafts and nothing else from A2A offer suits my needs (piper cub is too small and short ranged and Stratocruiser requires much work and is not something I'd like to have in near future). 

What I mean is - does any other company made an aircraft when you can influence so many things, work on it in maintenance hangar or stuff like that? 

RealAir Lancair Legacy

Doesn't have the maintenance bit but its a great GA addon

Edited by Gordon Hutchison

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Ok... Katana X is definitely a winner currently :) thanks all - if someone can suggest any other please do ;)

Definitely the Aerosoft Katana 4X or Digital Aviation Do-27 are what you want.  

The Katana 4X is much newer and has maintenance aspects that are at the same level as Accusim.

Don't dismiss the A2A Cub too quickly. Out of all the aircraft I have, the Cub is the most fun to fly.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Flight1 Beech KingAir - shows you the cost of maintenance items, although the amounts seem far too low :)

You know a great plane that is often overlooked.  Ant's T-28 series is fantastic.  It has some optional wear and tear/preflight setup, realistic engine start, load out/checklist popups and relatively cheap.  The Trojan isn't the world's most beautiful airplane but is certainly a hoot to fly.  The T-28 has good cruise speeds, can handle most GA runways, good visibility from the cockpit and great fun for old school VOR/NDB navigation and sightseeing.

The T-28 comes in either B/C or D versions (Navy or Air Force setup) and has demo versions to try  Ant is also soon to release the A model which is open to public beta testing.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?85695-T28A-Trojan-donationware-public-beta-test.

Cheers

TJ

You know a great plane that is often overlooked.  Ant's T-28 series is fantastic.

And if you're of a nostalgic turn of mind, it can take you back to the first-ever MSFS add-on aircraft - Laemming Wheeler's Hungwell Gypsy for FS3  That was sort of T-28-ish, wasn't it?

To the OP: apologies for the thread hijack - couldn't resist.

I'll second the endorsements already on record for the Katana and the Cub.   B)

All the ones I was going to list have already been listed! I own them all hehe

Oh wait TJ didn't list his número uno???

The A2A civilian mustang is also superb!!! (I prefer the civilian so I can fly online etc/ IFR)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

LOL well i figured since the OP is thinking in terms of real aircraft ownership, owning a P-51 would be like owning an Aston Martin DB5 lol, That is quite a jump from the Toyota Corolla-like 172 :lol:   The T-28 would be a more modest 'affordable' jump and a nice bang for the proverbial buck lol.  

Anthony certainly provides that 'affordable warbird' bit for us simmers too by offering a very affordable yet very well simulated airplane:)

lol for ducks, here is a cost comparison between your average T-28 and P-51 :biggrin:

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/NORTH-AMERICAN-T28B/NORTH-AMERICAN-T28B/1283979.htm

http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/NORTH-AMERICAN-P-51-MUSTANG/1945-NORTH-AMERICAN-P-51-MUSTANG/1147803.htm

Chump change!  Only 185 for that T28?  That would be really fun to own if you had money to buy the gas hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Wow, what a cost difference!   $185k and $2.1m!

I'd go for the T-28 and spend the remaining $1,8m on a yacht, and fuel for the T-28 :wink:

How quickly the Aerosoft Twin Otter has been forgotten! Checklists, engines catching fire, bells ringing and whistles whistling. :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.