Sign in to follow this  
KavindaJD

Overriding Files in CoreContent1

Self Explanatory but cannot figure out how to do it myself using the Toolkit. :( I've been experimenting with the Splash but it's replaced in the CoreContent1 File.

I've designed a new splash but following the normal technique will only replace files found in CoreContent. The changes I wish to make will simply be replaced.

Also talked to Stone about this and putting the files under "Core\<virtual path> will do the trick, but I don't entirely know what this means.  

Has anyone managed to override any of the files in CoreContent1? 

Thanks for the help, :lol:

I hope Stonelance doesn't mind me quoting him - Brandon and I asked about it before, and this is how he explained it using the Addon Manager:

Basically when you create an addon called "foo" it defaults to putting everything in a subdirectory called "foo" as well.  When It exports the addon it will put all those files into foo.pak with "foo" virtual path.  If you add a "Core" subdirectory and put files in there, it should also create a Core.pak with the "Core" virtual path.  Every subdirectory under the folder where the .addonSettings is will get turned into a different pak file.

Edited by Orion

Could you give me the link for that topic?

Thanks for the help! :P

Edited by kavinda12345

It was discussed in a private message. I've already quoted the relevant information. If the Addon Manager isn't working for some reason, it is possible to accomplish manually as well.