Sign in to follow this  
Guest RotorRick

Force ai to show up in aircraft selection window?

Guest fsjunkey

There are some texture downloads that state "This is an AI aircraft and will NOT BE VISIBLE in the aircraft selection window in flight simulator". My question is, is there a way to make them show up in theflight window? Thanks.

Guest j-mo

You need to modify the AIR File. I use AirEd (Google it). I'm not sure the latest version (mine is 1.0.5.2). I believe there are other apps, too.Open the AIR File with it. Look for the line which reads "Aircraft Type=2" and change the value to "0" and press Enter. Save the file with this new value, start FS and the aircraft will be in the selection menu.

Guest fsjunkey

Thanks for the info.RE: Force ai to show up in aircraft selection window? You need to modify the AIR File. I use AirEd (Google it). I'mnot sure the latest version (mine is 1.0.5.2). I believethere are other apps, too.Open the AIR File with it. Look for the line which reads"Aircraft Type=2" and change the value to"0" and press Enter. Save the file with this newvalue, start FS and the aircraft will be in the selectionmenu.

Guest RotorRick

Well, with the AI Aardvark planes, I found that to be true for their 747. If you want to fly their 747's, use either the default MS 747-400's "AIR" file (copy it and past into the Aardvark plane folder), or in the case of the 747-200, I used the Posky air file. I actually used more than just that, editing the aircraft.cfg's specs to more closely match other quality flyable planes...but ultimately just remember AI planes were created for AI, not really to be flown with true realism.

Guest fsjunkey

Thank you. That's good information to know.>Well, with the AI Aardvark planes, I found that to be true for>their 747. If you want to fly their 747's, use either the>default MS 747-400's "AIR" file (copy it and past into the>Aardvark plane folder), or in the case of the 747-200, I used>the Posky air file. >>I actually used more than just that, editing the>aircraft.cfg's specs to more closely match other quality>flyable planes...but ultimately just remember AI planes were>created for AI, not really to be flown with true realism.

Guest RotorRick

Yes, I am doing that, and also using the matching POSKY 747-200 plane data from their Aircraft.cfg too (not the top bits for repaints, but most of the engine values, the aircraft dimensions and so on). This way, I have AI Aardvark 747-200's that fly just like Posky's -200.In fact, I've done the same for FS Painter's A330-300 as well, using POSKY's air and cfg. It is visible right out of the box, but adapting the cfg values to the FS Painter's model proved quite time consuming. Using Pedro Oliviera's flight dynamics with the freeware low-medium poly Concorde (William Liao? not sure who made that plane), it now flies really quite well too.I can

Guest fsjunkey

Wow, that sounds pretty cool. I would definately be interested if youcould get the permission to share your cfg's!----------I can

Guest Kingair315

You asked, You Receive!Found on flightsim.comFS2004 Cessna Citation X. An FSDS2 aircraft with moving parts, a custom panel, custom gauges, a dynamic virtual cockpit, and reflective textures. This update includes a fix for the landing lights and improvements to the virtual panel. By Chuck Dome. Public Domain. (Previous version had 5408 downloads.) filename: citnx.zip Believe that you will like this one, Chuck Dome makes a lot of excellent freeware aircraft. Used to fly it myself, until the Eaglesoft X became available... Enjoy! Bob