Sign in to follow this  

My favorite default plane

I switched from the A2A C172 to the Maule as my default plane. It's my favorite of the P3D default planes: simple, easy, straightforward, nice view outside. I did however edit the aircraft.cfg to create a new pilot view because the default view is a bit to close to the panel (with my default zoom of 0.7). My new view is a bit more to the back. To get this done easily I edited the right seat view and changed it into the pilot view. This more backward view also make it a little bit less obvious that quite a few parts of the panel are rather low res... (Maybe someone will create a high res panel for the Maule...?)

It was a nice surprise to see that when I saved my flight as default, with the plane set up cold and dark, after starting P3D again everything was as I wanted to (apart from the parking brake, oddly enough) and even my new view was the default one, so I don't have to press A everytime to switch to my new edited view. Don't know if FSX saved that kind of information: I do know saving a flight with a plane cold and dark was more difficult to do in FSX.

What's your favorite default plane?

Sorry - why fly a default plane when there are such nice add-on planes to fly?

And, if nice planes is the goal, why not go back to FSX, where you can add RXP gauges to your panels :rolleyes:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Jeroen can't be a day without something new...Even if it's old!  :unsure:    I just hope he's not married, for he would surely end up with a knife doing untold damage to his frame rates! :rolleyes:

As long as you're having fun J, fiddle on. :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Sorry - why fly a default plane when there are such nice add-on planes to fly?

And, if nice planes is the goal, why not go back to FSX, where you can add RXP gauges to your panels :rolleyes:

Simply, because I like the default Maule more right now (and also, I have to add, because it's light on VAS). ^_^ And btw nice planes aren't the goal and I haven't used my RXP GNS530 in ages and I don't miss it at all. To each his own!

As long as you're having fun J, fiddle on. :biggrin:

That's what it is all about for me, at least when it comes to flightsimming. I don't care if I like something an hour or 6 months: I like it when I like it and when I don't like it anymore I don't. Why make this more complicated than necessary! B) I see no need at all in having to like something for at least a certain period... :rolleyes:

Edited by J van E

I agree. In my opinion, the Maule in FSX is the best default plane, almost payware quality. The Maule in Microsoft Flight is definitely payware quality, too bad it's suffering from the propeller bug.

I wonder why nobody has made a Maule add-on. It would be a good choice for Alabeo, who tend to make "different" planes.

As far as payware my default is the Airbus Extended 320, as far as freeware it is the Bombadier 700.

I flew with the C185 in FSX a lot so the Maule is the replacement for it in P3D 2.1 as long as Carenado does not provide full compatibility and an installer.

I like it because it can land allmost everywere and is relatively fast! On the panel there is defenetly room for improvement and the shadows are very bloggy! Not nice!

It is a pitty that there are no jet-airliners included as default aircraft. I see that LM has an issue to include Boeing aircraft but there are defenetly others that could have been included (instead of the Constellation and other vintage aigract). What about a MD-11 or Galaxy C5 or planes from Bombardier (C-Series/CRJ) or turbo-prob planes like Lockheed Electra or Hercules or Dash8?

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Am I misunderstanding everyone's use of the word 'default'? I assume 'default' to be the aircraft that is first to show in the aircraft selection screen when FSX fires up. In which case it would be ill advised to use anything other than the trike or the default C172. If y'all mean 'default' to be the aircraft you use as a first choice...Then hush mah mouth! :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I like the Bonanza and Acclaim (although I don't like the G1000 instruments as operating it with the mouse kills immersion), but I mostly fly the Grumman Goose and Douglas DC-3 copied over from FSX (with several freeware modifications).

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I didn't care for the Maule in P3Dv2; the VC shadows just didn't seem as nice unless you really crank up the quality.  Maybe it was just me though.  I really couldn't pick a favorite default in P3Dv2, since I haven't spent enough time in it.  That said, Dino's F-35 is pretty decent for a 'default' plane, which since it's included out of the box, I would label it as such!

Now if we were talking FSX, there's no such thing as a 'favorite' default plane for me!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

The Trike has always been a fav of mine, and I copy across into P3D - though I know I'm being naughty. I like exploring small areas in detail, so you can't get much better for the job.

I like the Maule as well... its not a looker, but it has a nice feel to it, a bit like my wife* :lol:

*All lies of course, she's a babe :wub:

Edited by Novation

The Trike has always been a fav of mine, and I copy across into P3D - though I know I'm being naughty. I like exploring small areas in detail, so you can't get much better for the job.

Yea, I've put plenty of time in on the trike as well to check out scenery.  I tend to use Orbx's 'Bob' for that nowadays, along with slew.  I have used the trike a lot for testing out simconnect stuff though too - one of the more funny uses being to test out an AI aggressor routine I coded up, rather hilarious to be in the trike and have a F/A-18 come up on your six and whip past you at 500 knts. :lol: 

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.