Sign in to follow this  

MS Flight Simulator SEASONS are horrible.. must petition Microsoft

Guest strobear

So nobody else finds this a problem? This is what has bewildered me. If people kindly informed Microsoft, we wouldn't have the problem. If people don't care, then there's no problem in the eyes of Microsoft. Thus, they probably aren't fully aware that there is a problem.

Guest CYYJ1968

>And this helps how?This helps in that you would no longer be flying over terrain graphics that apparently you can't stand. It's a work-around not a solution. A work-around is needed because there is no ready-made solution and the chance of one being developed in the near- or mid-term is effectively nil. So, ask yourself which you hate more: (a) flying over terrain graphics you don't like or (:( setting the month of each flight to sometime in the spring or summer. If it were me, I'd choose (:(.

Howdy,for the record, I DO agree that this is an issue that can and should be addressed by the FS design team. I have sent them a list of those things I personally would like to see addressed in future versions and I did that several months ago. I assume you're doing the same?Not sure why you would consider it "arrogant" or "elitist" if someone provides you with information you didn't have before? Can't hurt to know why some things are more difficult to implement than they seem ;-)Cheers, Holger

There are two distinct issues in this matter and they are both relatively easy to fix and do not require either intervention on the part of the Flight Simulator Team or great and profound knowledge of land use.First, the desert textures seen throughout the tropics are the result of incorrect land class (NOT "landclass") assignments. Land classification is a scheme used to define the different ground textures that are used in this game. It is ridiculously easy to modify the land class (NOT "landclass") assignment; please try either John Cillis' LandClass Assistant or Russel Dirk's EZ-LandClass (requires Microsoft Excel), both available in the AvSim library. If you know what your home area (lovely M

Guest strobear

Ok, I see your point. But the fact that the summer textures are already in the program, how hard would it be for microsoft to code in all latitudes below a certain number remain in summer year round? I mean yes, changing landclass files is difficult and time consuming, but I don't think that the simple solution I present is that hard, since Microsoft did it fine with most of Florida.

Guest strobear

Thanks for the info. Try to do it in a less mocking condescending way. That's what I meant by arrogant intellectual elitest. I find sarcastic condescending people annoying. It's not what you say, but how you say it.Holger, I do plan on contacting the FS Design Team. How would I get in contact with them?

Guest danowat

"Thanks for the info. Try to do it in a less mocking condescending way. That's what I meant by arrogant intellectual elitest. I find sarcastic condescending people annoying. It's not what you say, but how you say it."How on earth was the guys post arrogant, elitest and condisending?, he took the time to right a lengthy, indepth post for YOU, and you have the gaul to come back at him with this, not sure I would have bothered after YOUR arrogant attitude in your previous posts.#### there are some ungratefull people around.Dan.

Guest GabrielR

After all this is a worthy discussion....I find interesting both Holger and LuisFelizTirado's oppinion... now things get more complicated, because (and this is for LuisFelizTirado) most of the area depicted in your attached immage has no seasonal variation, there is a slight cicle of rain and dry seasons but there is no clear pattern attached to any seasonal variation as known by the North americans.... I am Colombian, and I have lived in Colombia for most part of my life, there is no cold seasonal weather in colombia, and I am sure ther is none in Panama Also...Weather that close to the Ecuator is not influenced by the Polar fronts that affect all north america and most parts of the Northern Mexico; The relative axis of the earth expose the ecuator region to the sun heat in almost the same angle throughout the year...plus Colombia (most of the area depicted in the immage) has very high montainous areas, and there is sort of a "microweather" if you will, that is almost exclusively dictated by the height of the terrain, we used to call it thermal levels back in school, a lot time ago... They have their on vegetation, and appeareance.... We have snow down there: You wanna see it? find a mountain with more than 12,000 FT and surely it will be there.... but again, with a little variation Snow is perpetual also.So in all: there is no brownish vegetation cycle in Colombia, we are all green throughout the year, there is no seasonal temperature variation in Colombia, temperatures are stable the whole year, and YES: THERE ARE NO NATIVE PALM TREES IN BOGOTA wich is at 10,000 FT up in the Andes...Anyway, I dont find that particularly annoying to find that MS, has not yet developed a more accurate depiction of subtropical and tropical areas, at the end, most of the market is in the US and it is logical that most of the effort is invested in that area.Would I expect that MS depicts that sort of complex weather in my country? NoMaybe in some years we will have a more open architecture that will allow both scenery design gurus and casual simmers alike to tweak those small details and make the MS World look more like the real counterpart.EDIT***Please let's calm down, Both Holger and LusFelizTirado have written their names in the history of Fligh Sim because of their contributions.... I know sometimes that FS Scenery jergon can be quite misterious, but the fact the WE do not understand what they say don't make THEM arrogants...

Given that that "simple fix" would require a completely new system to determine seasonal textures, which would be that revolutionary system, it is that hard.If you think anything you don't like is rude I don't care about being rude...

Because it would be an incorrect assumption. People on the slopes of the Andes or living near Kilimanjaro would see the wrong textures...Yah, we get wrong textures here too from time to time.And I live in Europe.For a few weeks a year FS places snow textures here, I've not seen snow on the ground lasting more than a few hours in years... But I don't complain, it can actually happen.

Microsoft claims "as real as it gets"what they neglect to mention is "as real as it gets... as long as you have countless hours to find all the great upgrades people have done because it isn't even close to as real as it gets"don't get mad at people or question them because they wonder why a game claiming true to life isn't even close?

"don't get mad at people or question them because they wonder why a game claiming true to life isn't even close?"If that were true the MS slogan would be " as real as life"It is not-it is "as real as it gets". When I fly for real-I have more ecounters with bugs on the windshield than I admire vegetation from the air. Sometimes they can get so bad that you have a bug induced "ifr" (same for steamed up windows).I guess I should be complaining that FS's slogan is false because bugs are not represented. If a 3rd party company comes out with a bug add in-should I complain that it wasn't included in the stock msfs? In the future when MS adds bugs- should I complain because the type of mosquito that hits my windscreen isn't the correct type for my area of the world.I just find all of this complaining a little silly...Let's work towards better tree representations, and bugs, and a whole slew of other things for the future.Let's also accept this unbelievable value in software in its present evolution and enjoy when 3rd parties improve it for the short term.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Wow what a great strawman argument. I guess you equate having accurate detail of seasons to bugs on the windshield. Theres really nothing more to argue but a lack of common sense