Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Estonia Migration Tool unable to recover

I ran the Migration tool and it asked me if I wanted to update to the recent version and I said yes and it downloaded and Ran the latest version of this tool

So I set to point to P3D v2 and installed som FSX aircrafts... and It went well

But then I wanted to check something in FSX so went to load FSX and try to unlink the pointer to P3D v2 so I can start FSX. It errored out saying unable to restore from backup. Then I killed that tool and restarted it and it looked like, the link to P3D was not set.. so I was ok with.

When I went to start FSX I realized my entire roaming folder with all the DLL.xml and EXE.xml was empty. I used by Acronis backup and recovered an earlier version of that folder

When I started FSX, All my saved flights were gone.. But when I went to look for my flightsimulator x files, I saw a back of it (I suspect this tool had saved  my FSX saved files...but I did not see a back for my roaming folders, DLL.xml and exe.xml folder) and recovered from that.

Now I am not sure what else I need to check.. it had not touched the folder where scenery.cfg was.

This is disconcerting for sure.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I recommend to tell your story at the EMT support forum. My experience of getting help there is very good.

Spirit

I recommend to tell your story at the EMT support forum

Yeah I did and they replied with the location where the backups are. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I am finding EMT is getting tougher and tougher to work with P3DV2.  I hope developers can get their apps over natively soon.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

It is still good for porting over stuff when you want to load something.  I tried to run P3D with FSINN and go straight to desktop.  Also, CPT Sim used to work for the 767 and 757, now PAS Air is jacked and same other issues have popped up.  Finally, CLS MD81, no Cockpit and no Landing Gear! in virtual mode!

Update:  I downloaded the DLL files from the PREPAR3D site and shazam, Capt Sim 757 and 767 work now, also CLS MD80 now has landing gear.  Have not tried FSINN yet, but Estonia is crashing now in Virtual mode no matter.  It does a good job porting stuff over, but wont run FSX virtual mode.