Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Annoying noise when flying helicopters

Guest damunn

Hi there,My apologies if this has been posted before, but this is driving me mad.When reducing collective and pitching the nose up to land I get a 'whomp whomp' sound. I think it might be a stalling sound as it goes away a low speeds, but I can't recall if this is a default MS sound or whether something else is causing it (active camera?). I have been through all of my wav files and can't find it. Does anybody else suffer from this?best regards,Damunn

Guest TPT82

Hello,I have noticed the same problem. I have also had the sound carry over into fixed wing aircraft. It has been awhile since I heard it in a fixed wing; so I do not remember the circumstances in which it occured. I searched the forums, but was unable to find any mention of the sound. I could not figure out how to discribe the sound in print. Damunn, you are more creative than I am :-beerchug. I searched all of my wavs (every last one of them), and could not find the sound either. Any input as to the cause, or even better, the solution would be very much appreciated.Thank YouNick

Guest danowat

Turn off the "Stall Warning" sounds in Active Camera 2004.Dan.

Yup that should do it.It seems AC detects a stall when you're flying helicopters probably because they're so slow.With fixed-wing aircraft especially taildraggers the stall-sound can start playing repeatadly and never stop. It happens almost every time I do a full-stall landing with the Cub.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest damunn

Thanks danowat and JimmiG,I thought Active Camera had something to do with it. It now works fine. I can go back to practising my assault landings with the Alphasim Westland Commando.cheers,Damunn

Guest TPT82

Thanks to both of you!! That did it. This place is great!:-cool Nick