Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

What Northern California Airports work with Orbx NCA

I am interested in upgrading airports in NCA with some commercial versions that might be compatible.

Is anyone able to give my an idea what vendors I should try to see what might be available and compatible.

cheers; Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I know I for sure saw a shot with Flightbeam's KSFO...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

For it to Work perfect there are 2files than need to removed from the orbx folder but You will need to go to the orbx forum for that info

Edited by zoran

ZORAN

OK thanks guys, I'll check it out.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

What 2 files need to be removed and where are they located?

If you have any addon airport scenery you need to remove the Orbx custom airport scenery files. There are 2 of them. both bgl files. One called the airport with the icao code and the other adds _CVX

They are in the scenery folder inside the Orbx main folder.

I do not have Northern Cal but in the others it was called something like FSX\Orbx\FTX_NA\PNW_05_scenery

And inside there you need to remove all the duplicate airport bgl files for any addon airports. Orbx never mentions this and I am positive it is the cause of so many crashes and performance issues people are seeing with FSX.

All airports would be compatible with all PNW regions as long as you place the addon airport above Orbx areas in the scenery.cfg

There might be some textures mismatched but the airport will work. I have not found many for any of the Orbx areas. KRNO, KSFO, CYVR, CYYR, CYLW are all the non Orbx major payware airports in the area. Still no KPDX, KSEA.

Edited by AAL125

I confirm Flightbeam KSFO works well with this and also Imaginesim's KSJC, although you need to remove the Orbx AFCAD file associated with KSJC (ADEX_FTX_NCA_KSJC_Mineta_San_Jose_Intl.BGL) otherwise you will have weird ground textures!

Bill

I've found this with several Orbx sceneries and UK2000 airports

Remove the 2 airport files concerned and all works fine

Pete Little

What 2 files need to be removed and where are they located?

As noted, there are typically two files which contain the specific ICAO identifier of the field you're trying to replace which should be removed (or better yet, just change the .bgl part to .off).  Also make sure the airport is above any Orbx files in scenery precedence.  For FlightBeam's KSFO, there are specific instructions in the docs.  Page 5.

Hope

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Unofficial ORBX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I confirm Flightbeam KSFO works well with this and also Imaginesim's KSJC, although you need to remove the Orbx AFCAD file associated with KSJC (ADEX_FTX_NCA_KSJC_Mineta_San_Jose_Intl.BGL) otherwise you will have weird ground textures!

Bill

I have Orbx's NCA scenery and have installed the demo version of ImagineSim's KSJC.  Have you noticed that the ImagineSim KSJC scenery replaces the Orbx NCA off-airport autogen buildings with default off-airport autogen buildings to the west and east of the airport (too many mid-rise buildings)?  I sent an e-mail to ImagineSim support and they suggested that I try removing the 'autogen_infill_01.bgl’ file from the KSJC San Jose Scenery folder.  I did that and while it removes the default autogen, it suppresses any other autogen in these areas around the airport.

I'd really like to see the Orbx NCA autogen around the airport and through trial and error, have identified the Imagine Sim KSJC scenery files which are suppressing the off-airport autogen (ground_01.bgl seems to have the most affect in suppressing off airport autogen).  Even though I only have the demo version, I assume that this result is maintained in the full version too.  I'd like to purchase the KSJC scenery, but not at the expense of losing the surrounding NCA autogen buildings.  Does anyone know if after I purchase the scenery, is there any way I can reduce the "footprint" of some of the .bgl files so that they do not affect off-airport autogen?

I'd really like to see the Orbx NCA autogen around the airport and through trial and error, have identified the Imagine Sim KSJC scenery files which are suppressing the off-airport autogen (ground_01.bgl seems to have the most affect in suppressing off airport autogen). Even though I only have the demo version, I assume that this result is maintained in the full version too. I'd like to purchase the KSJC scenery, but not at the expense of losing the surrounding NCA autogen buildings. Does anyone know if after I purchase the scenery, is there any way I can reduce the "footprint" of some of the .bgl files so that they do not affect off-airport autogen?

I'd be interested in this as well.  Flying into KSJC from the south with default scenery there are some buildings that seem too tall (or too close).  I could almost high-five someone on the roof on a RNP(I think) approach on glideslope.  I very much doubt it's like that RW.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'd be interested in this as well.  Flying into KSJC from the south with default scenery there are some buildings that seem too tall (or too close).  I could almost high-five someone on the roof on a RNP(I think) approach on glideslope.  I very much doubt it's like that RW.

Arrivals to Rwys 30 L/R do come in right over downtown, which limits the heights of the buildings. In FSX, the default locations of these buildings are too close to the airport. Orbx's NCA moves the buildings to a more accurate location of downtown, though the buildings aren't modeled on any real buildings.