Sign in to follow this  
benjamin.mccluskey

Blank Panel apart from standby attitude indicator

So I am having an issue when I load up my 777 the panel is completely blank apart from my standby attitude indicator?? I can't start the APu or bring up the menu in the fmc to connect ground power! Suggestions?

Ben McCluskey

Suggestions?

The intro manual and the tutorial would be excellent places to start!

Kyle Rodgers

Checked the manuals already! I have preset the short turn option as my default panel state was working fine all along and then suddenly this happened! Deleted the plane re downloaded it and problem went away now it's back again! Weird

Switches etc all work but can't get the APu to fire up or the battery to turn on!

submit  a support ticket  in

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Switches etc all work but can't get the APu to fire up or the battery to turn on!

The BAT will not turn the plane on like you're used to in other aircraft.  It's limited to essential items.  Are you sure you're waiting for the APU to spin up completely?  For what it's worth, if it worked and then all the sudden stopped, it's probably user error after you made some change (likely changing the panel state or similar).

Checked the manuals already!

False.  If you'd read the intro manual then you'd know that you can press and hold the MENU button on the FMC in order to get to ground power.  In order to actually read something, you must pay attention to what you're reading.

Kyle Rodgers

False. If you'd read the intro manual then you'd know that you can press and hold the MENU button on the FMC in order to get to ground power. In order to actually read something, you must pay attention to what you're reading.

You sure seem like a nice chap. Anyway I know that one can hold the menu button for roughly 5 seconds to get the ground connections and panel states up etc as I said I read the manuals.

Even holding the menu button and trying to load a different panel state results in the same problem!

Thanks for the info on the battery switch, I actually fly transport category aeroplanes for a living and you should be able to turn the battery on and then fire up the APU you don't need ground power to do this!

You sure seem like a nice chap.

Yep.  Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the info on the battery switch, I actually fly transport category aeroplanes for a living and you should be able to turn the battery on and then fire up the APU you don't need ground power to do this!

Congrats...

Without prior knowledge of that and seeing you struggling without providing much detail, I'm going to lump you in with the rest of the people who never read the manuals.  Sorry, but such is life with people and technology: assume people don't know what they're doing unless they somehow prove it to you.

You'll note that I didn't say you need ground power to get the APU started.  I said "The BAT will not turn the plane on like you're used to in other aircraft.  It's limited to essential items.  Are you sure you're waiting for the APU to spin up completely?"

Translated, this means "the BAT will not power as much as it would in [insert your non-777-transport-category-aircraft here], as it's limited to essential items (which doesn't include the vast majority of the displays - an allusion to your first post)."  Then, in a separate sentence, yet in a related manner - not alluding to requiring a GPU at all, mind you - "are you sure you're giving the APU enough time to spin up?"  A question that remains unanswered for some reason.  I guess my gruffness was more important to talk about for some reason.

...so, before we go running into more troubleshooting here, can you please outline all knowledge you have about the process, and the steps you're taking before the problem occurs?

What panel state are you loading?

What buttons/switches are you pressing?

Are you giving the APU enough time to spin up?

Have you altered any files?

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

Yes I am giving ample time for the APU to spin up ! I am loading the 777 Short as my default panel configuration! The aircraft loads with everything running and then for some reason about 10 seconds in after the countdown all systems initialising has passed the APU stops and all screens apart from the standby horizon die! I then can't start the APU or have the external power provide power to the aircraft even though the avail lights are green having tried to connect the external power through the FMCG menus!

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem!

I haven't altered any files apart from customising options through the FMS! The only other thing I could think of was some kind of service based failure however there were no failures present. I agree it's strange that it was working fine and then all of a sudden not, quite possible user error but the way the problem occurs seems to suggest some kind of bug particularly because on initial startup it works fine but then all goes blank! Even load on other panel states doesn't fix the issue initially works then also goes blank!