Sign in to follow this  
Q_flyer

Good VATSIM viewing app for Android?

Hi all,

I decided to try flying on-line (VATSIM) yesterday for the first time in 5 years. :smile: .... Just GA VFR around Orbx NorCal, but I had some interaction with Oakland CTR and it was fun.   I'm currently "mic-less" though and it's definitely not as immersive typing into sqawkbox, so going to have to pick up a new headset w/mic.

Anyway, while flying I wanted to "view myself" on VATSIM but as I always fly full screen and didn't want to ruin the immersion by opening a VATSIM viewer on my desktop, I decided to try a VATSIM Viewing Android Map.

Anyway I used VMM but to be honest, found it's map viewer very clunky, and hard to focus in on small areas of the global map.

Has anyone got any good recommendations for the best VATSIM Viewing app for Android?

Edited by Q_flyer

Hi Dave,

Well you have Vat-Track, great app for your need.

Cheers from the other side of the great ditch.

Edited by Benzhangar

Hi Dave,

Well you have Vat-Track, great app for your need.

Cheers from the other side of the great ditch.

Cool, thanks, I'll check that out! :cool:

Also one called VMM Vatsim mobile

Also one called VMM Vatsim mobile

Hi Lee,  that is the one that I mentioned in the OP that I'd tried. But I found it quite hard work to manouvre the map and use on my Samsung.

I'm just trying VAT-Track now and it seems a lot better.  Easier to look around the map and hey, I saw my aircraft on there, over at Lampson (1O2) in Norcal! :smile:

It would be good to also see where controllers were on (which VAT-Track doesn't seem to show; just aircraft), but perhaps I am expecting too much for a free Android app.

oops didn't read carefully enough

oops didn't read carefully enough

Lol no sweat buddy!