Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

Prepar3d switches, gauges and gps v2.1

Anyone had any luck getting Carenado aircraft to work in P3d v2.1

Many of the planes i have purchased do not work in the new version

I mentioned it to them on their forum

They acknowledge the problem on several aircraft but do not give a  fix or potential timeline for resolution 

Curious to see if anyone has come up with a work around of fix for many of the noted issues,

Peter

One option is to use the Beech Bonanza GPS in the problem planes.

I'm doing that in the Beech C90, not perfect but it helps.

What other problems do you have?
Haven't yet installed my C185 or C337 in P3Dv2...

Cheers

Keith

Many of the  planes i purchased for p3d , seem to install correctly and work under 2.0  but random switches, controls,  ils ,and gps not functioning in 2.1

i currently own the 1900 , 182 and king air

Im sure Carenado  are working on it but not sure when they will get it all up and running again

Im sure I'm not the only one with these issues.

Pete

SR22 Turbo - Installed fine - but No GPS - Carenado Q&A stated that this is a problem and that LM was aware and looking into it?

Hopefully, not long.

Tom

L-M aren't responsible for any third party's XML sloppy scripting. I spent four days finding and fixing my own product's syntax errors...

L-M tightened up the XML syntax parsing rules so much that previous errors that would be auto-corrected by the parsing engine are no longer allowed.

At the same time though, L-M has given developers some new config options that will allow us to have real-time debugging of XML scripts, as well as CFG file errors, so it seems to me to be a pretty fair trade off... :Idea:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

n4gix,

Thanks for the response.  Your explanation is right on.  It seems they did tighten up the XML in 2.1.  I have heard that from some of the other developers I communicate with.  We just have to be patient until the developers de-bug their XML and release some patches.  Some of my aircraft are not 100%, but I'm working around it or not flying the plane until a patch is released.

I haven't determined if I like 2.1 over 2.0 yet.  Still slowly working through things, but so far so good.

Edited by SRAces

L-M aren't responsible for any third party's XML sloppy scripting. I spent four days finding and fixing my own product's syntax errors...

L-M tightened up the XML syntax parsing rules so much that previous errors that would be auto-corrected by the parsing engine are no longer allowed.

At the same time though, L-M has given developers some new config options that will allow us to have real-time debugging of XML scripts, as well as CFG file errors, so it seems to me to be a pretty fair trade off... :Idea:

Thank you for the response

I completely understand that it might take a while to get things in sync 

I like those Carenado planes so was curious as to how the community was working with 2.1

Regards  

Peter

The planes I have that worked in 2.0 that no longer work well in 2.1:

1. Carenado B1900 (strange rate of climb, fire lights always on, sudden speed drop at altitude)

2. Aerosoft Twin Otter (random failures every flight)

3. MJC Q400  (stutters)

4. A2A C-172 (random failures every flight)

There maybe others (in my garage), just haven't tested them all yet.  For the most part, I'm staying with default aircraft now and will wait and see if these (3rd party aircraft) get adjusted to work with V2.1.

It's a bit of bummer, but not an unexpected one and if it opens the door to more features in the future, then I'm all for it even with breaking changes.

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Guest

"Anyone had any luck getting Carenado aircraft to work in P3d v2.1"

It has a few issues since P3DV2.1 but is really well flyable.

Just load a flight plan (P3D planner) and off you go.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW