Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Poll: for those simmers who drive cars

Guest Nathan Palmer

Just wandering how many simmer out there who can drive are guilty of obeying speed restrictions like under 250KIAS under 10,000 feet and under 200KIAS under a Class B shelf in the flight sim religiously and feel that you are a bad/poor pilot when you exceed those limits but yet have no problem in realy life exceeding the max speed limit on the real road ways?I know I am but the funny thing is when I'm running late in life I drive faster the whole trip but in the sim I still obey the speed restrictions and hope for a good tail wind!NP

strange but true :-hmmm, I guess to be fair though pilots I believe can excercise discretion above 10000ft to make up time (I was on a typically 1hr 40 min trip once that left 15 min late but still arrived ontime - no tailwind, the Captain said he'd hustle - even banked hard right after takeoff - fun!:)) while speed limits apply to me the whole road trip!regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

However, if you had a Cop's radar on you all of the time you sure would!!! ;) That's what it's like in the ATC environment.....

While all of us have cars capable of exceeding said limits - if only the same were true of aircraft. Most of our little planes could only hit 250kts if you pointed it straight down and ripped the wings off!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Grayfox

Haha so true of those little Cessna's :)I'm not a real world pilot yet but when I drive I make pretend I'm flying all the time...like when I step on the gas you might see me pushing my arm up as if there were thrusters by me...My friends think I'm crazy because I do it without knowing it now that I'm so used to doing it. Instead of reading my speedometer I now read my RPM gauge to get my speed at a certain gear and how much fuel I'm burning app.It's weird...hopefully I start flight school this summer so then I won't be looked at funny anymore :D

Guest Rich

What has this topic got to do with MS flight sim?

Guest jmarcure

>What has this topic got to do with MS flight sim?Nothing!Am I right?Do I win a prize?Maybe a cool add-on? :-jumpy I never won a prize before so I really hope I'm right. Jon

Guest Rich

Congratulations! You are a correct!You win the respect of everyone here. No cool add-ons - just respect.Maybe a moderator can move this thread to hanger chat or somewhere?

I am guilty of the same thing. I will obey all FAA regulations in FS. I try to obey the rules of the road, but sometimes I choose not to for whatever reason. However, when the state patrol is around, the 'halo effect' takes over and I drive like a saint.

Guest LLgaz

>>>Maybe a moderator can move this thread to hanger chat or somewhere?<<

Guest jmarcure

threads that>has absolutely no impact whatsoever on their lives, health,>the amount of food on their table, or the amount of money in>their pockets.>I beg to differ.Please let me differ. Pretty please. Come on let me differ.Ok, enough begging.This thread has had a great deal of impact on my life. I find compelled to visit it time after time. It is consuming my life and has become the center of my existence.I find this obsession to be quite unhealthy. So much so that I forgot to go shopping for food and now not only do I not have food on the table i have to look my kids sitting there just looking at their empty plates and growing thinner by the second. So not only is it affecting my health it is affecting theirs.My wife is so upset over the starving kids that she is demanding money so that she can order a pizza thus diminishing the amount of money in my pocket.So you see it does affect people in ways that one could never imagine. What can I say I

Guest Rich

Wannabe moderator? I don't think so! It does have an impact - I have to scroll past crap like this and feel the need (for some reason) to reply to people like you - muppet.What a pity a REAL moderator can't do THEIR job and enforce THEIR rules.Edited to add the word 'muppet' - least I could do since you deserve it so much.

Guest LLgaz

Ahhh.....With the name "Rich", the term "Muppet" and the sig. "Anti Muppet Squad" I now know who you are.You're a member (As am I, a couple of Aussies, a Londoner and two Yanks) of a certain VA reject squad.You have gained my respect kind sir.I bid you Adieu...for now...:-)

Guest Rich

Hmmmmm ;-)Damn - bumped this thread again.

Guest jmarcure

>Hmmmmm ;-)>>Damn - bumped this thread again.>>I see that you too are afflicted with the desire, nay compulsion to return again and again to this thread that has so impacted our lives. I feel your pain sir. I say we start a forum for all those impacted by the "Poll: for those simmers who drive cars" thread. Together we can break this insidious hold on our lives. What say you? Jon (still bored)