Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

I've been enjoying a beautiful flight over Southern Oregon

Flying the Mirage, taking some pretty pictures along the way.  I created the Photoreal Scenery using FSEarthTiles....  Once I have the whole state covered, I will release the project to the library.  It's been a bit of trial and error as I learned features of FSEarthTiles and how to compress the scenery so it doesn't whack the hard drive, but the result is just beautiful for VFR enthusiasts.  It brings FSX to a whole new level.  I use a separate hard drive for generating the scenery so I can fly FSX while the new scenery is being created.

And the bonus is everything you see here can be done for FS2004 as well--I have created one .ini file for FSEarthtiles and documented the process for getting some beautiful results--at least I think they are beautiful.  My goal is to release freeware scenery for Colorado next.  What's beautiful about FSEarthtiles is once you define what you want to create, in the words of Ron Popiel, you can "Set it and Forget It"....  :smile:

The horizon effect is from my add-on Soft Horizons for FSX--I have the vis set to unlimited....

Enjoy

John

003_zpse74641d1.jpg

013_zps78387630.jpg

009_zps676c06aa.jpg

010_zpsba8f90a0.jpg

012_zps215b274e.jpg

008_zps26f9ca26.jpg

011_zpsae05392b.jpg

007_zps5aeadf36.jpg

005_zps87e79bcf.jpg

001_zps4009d372.jpg